cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.0 - will it be available on Samsung Moment and/or HTC Hero? (and my comparison chart!)

Highlighted
Patron

Android 2.0 - will it be available on Samsung Moment and/or HTC Hero? (and my comparison chart!)

When Android 2.0 becomes available, will it be available on Samsung Moment and/or HTC Hero?

I assume, HTC will have to port Android 2.0 to it because they have to integrate SenseUI, but since Samsung Moment is "standard" Android (1.5 for now, 1.6 in early 2010), I assume it's a matter of Samsung porting it, which shouldn't be much effort, assuming the 512MB of Flash is enough for 2.0 (it should be).

Thoughts?

I'm eyeing the Samsung Moment for now, in mid-Nov.

Oh, and I have a detailed comparison chart between phones (iPhone, Android, Palm Pre) and carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) here:

http://bit.ly/JEwGt

Message was edited by: takabanana

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Android 2.0 - will it be available on Samsung Moment and/or HTC Hero?

In theory, the Moment should be easier to port to Android 2.0 because it is rather dull and stock.  Hero will have to flow through HTC on its way to Sprint for the Sense UI updates.....but 1.6 already happened for the Hero in Europe, so clearly HTC knows how to get it done quickly.

Both phones will get the updates at some point, that is for sure.  They both have to go through Sprint, which could be a blockage, or it couldn't be.  We will find out in the coming months.  I wouldn't expect it in weeks though, but rather the month(s) time frame.

There are several threads in this forum that have discussed this exact topic.  There is a search box listed on the left hand side of the "overview" tab of this forum.  welcome.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat