cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 Froyo and Flash 10.1 are scheduled for a June release, will EVO...

Highlighted
Patron

Android 2.2 Froyo and Flash 10.1 are scheduled for a June release, will EVO...

http://androidandme.com/2010/04/news/flash-10-1-and-froyo-are-scheduled-for-a-june-release/ well I don't think htc hero and samsung moment will get it untill next year but the question is that will htc evo have the same problem to get 2.2 version update that htc hero had for 2.1 ?!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 froyo with flash 10.1 full support comming on may 20th

May 19th & 20th is Google's I/O conference. A developers conference for Android, Google Chrome, Google APIs, GWT, App Engine, open web technologies, and more. "FroYo" is being released to developers. This is far from actually being a release that can be zapped to our phones anytime soon. Next Year does seem like viable timeline, like May 2011. However, that means all the app developers, phone manufacturer's, & carriers will have to play around with "FroYo." However, I really don't think the carriers will tinker with "FroYo" until the phone manufacturer's send their tinkered version of "FroYo" to the carriers until late 2010/early 2011.

My advice is not to hold your breath for "FroYo." We need our phones upgraded first to 2.1. I'm just hoping that Sprint stays true to their early 2q statement & gets us Android 2.1 in the next 16 days.

Message was edited by: jgomez721

Patron

I didn't ask about hero and moment , I'm asking do you think htc EVO will have the same problem to get 2.2 froyo as htc hero had to get android 1.6,2.0,2.1 ?

Patron

Any idea?

Journeyman

More then likely they will! They still got to add HTC UI to it. and look what happen this time. If there smart when they relese it to the DEV'S they should already have the update ready for when the official relese is a go. But this is Sprint and HTC we are talking about. they have 2 speed Slow and Stop.

Journeyman

Two words

Nexus

One

the only phone that will get updates that bypass Sprint and their BS stall tatics

Patron

yeah I think the evo will have the same problem as well and u r right the nexus one is the best phone for gettin update

Journeyman

Probably another freakin lie from Sprint..............  They cant tell anything right lately.........  they will probably tell us that the EVO cant support flash..... you will need EVO 2 ...............

Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 Froyo and Flash 10.1 are scheduled for a June release, will EVO...

i got a feeling this is gonna be the same as for the hero lol.  for all those that upgraded from the hero to the EVO we all know what it was like waiting for something more than 1.5.

Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 Froyo and Flash 10.1 are scheduled for a June release, will EVO...

I am worried myself. I just got the EVO and when I talked to the Sprint rep on the phone (from the sprint.com site) they said it supposed Hulu, which is not true at all. But from reading about 2.2 it sounds like in the OS it is offering services that sprint is trying to sell: Tethering to PC (sharing data connection) and creating a hotspot.

Check this article from www.informationweek.com

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225701750&subS...

Journeyman

Well going from 1.6-2.0 was a lot harder due to programming n the way android 1 was written compared to android 2 is written. Froyo just hit final this week. So I guess it will take HTC about 2 months to fully get Sense UI up n running with oil to no glitches.

Journeyman

Just got my EVO HTC from Sprint, and am thrilled with the phone. I am hoping that it doesn't take 6 months to get the upgrade to Froyo 2.2, as the promised features including increased speed, etc. would be a wonderful addition to the phone now. Has there been any definite date commitments (not that it really means anything) to the 2.2 update on the EVO?

Going to enjoy the phone as is for now, and hope for the best and a quick update!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat