cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Apps

Journeyman

Android Apps

Hi!

I have a Samsung Intercept, and I wanted a few apps that cost a few bucks each.  I don't want Amazon or whatever service governs the Android App Market.  Is there a way to configure it to automatically charge the bill instead of going through a 3rd party?

Thanks
--stmad12

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Android Apps

If you purchase it through the market on your android phone there is now an option to charge your phone bill.  No need to enter CC info.

Wizard

Android Apps

You still have to register with Google Checkout for charge-to-phonebill.

If you are worried about them getting your personal information... think about it... you are already using an Android phone, which is tied into your Google account already.

Highlighted
Wizard

Android Apps

Hello! As the others have mentioned, recently the Android Market was updated to allow purchases to be charged to your Sprint phone bill.  Keep in mind if the ability to make purchases on your phone is blocked, which is very common on business accounts, you will not be able to use this method.

If you would like detailed steps on how to complete a purchase and charge it to your Sprint bill, you can find these steps below.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Pay_for_an_Android_Market_application_on_your_monthly_Spri...

Journeyman

Android Apps

in my dropdown menu the bill to sprint acct isn't listed I have looked all over google checkout to add my acct to bill but its not there

Wizard

Android Apps

Benfreak,

It should be set by account type and permissions on the account, not by a setting on the phone. If its a personal or family account, it should just give the option to add it to your bill, unless account billing has been blocked.

If you are sure it should allow it, you can try to reset the Market to force it to recheck the permissions.

If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market

The two options you want to select in this menu are Clear Data and Clear Cache. You may not be able to select Clear Cache if there is nothing to clear.

I will Private Message you to get a little bit more information in regards to the specifics of your case.

Wizard

Android Apps

I can answer that.

Not all developers will opt to offer the bill-to-sprint-account service.  Hopefully more and more developers will continue to accept such option.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.