cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to set up an ActiveSync Acct without the phone pulling the contacts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any way to set up an ActiveSync Acct without the phone pulling the contacts?

Hello,

When I just upgraded to the latest firmware on my HTC Hero, the phone erased my ActiveSync account and the 1000+ contacts in that account (thank god!).

I need to set up this account on my phone again and was wondering if there's any way to set up the account without automatically adding all of my ActiveSync contacts to my phone.

Thanks,

Jason

Message was edited by: JTB000

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Any way to set up an ActiveSync Acct without the phone pulling the contacts?

Yes you can. It's in the Account and Sync setting from the main settings.  House button - menu - settings - accounts &sync. Tap your Activesync account, (which you should see if you've successfully loaded it in your phn), uncheck contacts.

Journeyman

Re: Any way to set up an ActiveSync Acct without the phone pulling the contacts?

Thanks, Tom.

When I set up the account, I was prompted to select which folders I wanted to sync before my phone pulled any data. Easy enough!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat