cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused...Cupcake vs. Donut

Highlighted
Journeyman

Confused...Cupcake vs. Donut

I know that every review has said that the Hero that is coming to Sprint has Android OS 1.5, which is cupcake. And Donut which is 1.6 will come in the future.

My confusion though is that all the research that I've done says that Donut 1.6 brings CDMA support to Android. How are we getting Cupcake 1.5 if CDMA support isn't there? Did they do a 1.5.1 type update to add the CDMA stack to Cupcake?

Anyone know the answer to this?

I'm very confused about this...

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Confused...Cupcake vs. Donut

Its an interesting question to say the least. I dont really have an answer, but I assume that google worked with HTC, or possibly HTC did all the work since its open source, to get CDMA running on android. It seems more likely that Google did the work, and gave HTC a release that had the CDMA code, but none of the other perks of 1.6. Kinda like 1.5.1

Journeyman

pretty much what he said..

im sure things have been worked out under the table to have it work on 1.6

but i wouldnt doubt after a week of the release everyone will be prompted to update too

Journeyman

They're Yummy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat