cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Htc Hero Sprint works everywhere??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Htc Hero Sprint works everywhere??

hey fellas my question is i wana buy htc hero sprint so does it work all around da world with any celluar carrier or it works with sprint only?? pls send me an answer to this n yeah which one is better HTC Touch pro 2 or HTC hero??

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Does Htc Hero Sprint works everywhere??

The Sprint HTC Hero only works on CDMA networks and therefore only works in the US, Canada and I believe Mexico.  Verizon is also a CDMA network and Sprint roams for free on their network.  The rest of the world is GSM which is the technology that AT&T and T-mobile use here in the US.  T-mobile uses the same 3G bands as Europe, so if you are doing a ton of traveling, I would use T-mobile although they have terrible coverage here in the US.

Journeyman

hey mark can you suggest me which of the HTC phone i should buy as in like Touch Pro2 , Touch2 ?? Please do me a favor in selecting the phone..n yeah i heard that Pro2 has got some keyboard problems??? Are they correct

Wizard

Monil wrote:

hey mark can you suggest me which of the HTC phone i should buy as in like Touch Pro2 , Touch2 ?? Please do me a favor in selecting the phone..n yeah i heard that Pro2 has got some keyboard problems??? Are they correct

Sorry, I have no opinion of either of those phones.  I won't touch a non-Android phone anymore. (except I am still impressed by my wife's Pre).

Journeyman

Can you guide me for an Android phone then?? Well what is the good phone best known to you till now..

Wizard

Monil wrote:

Can you guide me for an Android phone then?? Well what is the good phone best known to you till now..

Depends on tons of criteria...I suggest you go and test each one as everyone is different.  There are a ton of threads on this forum about what to choose, search around a bit:

On Sprint's network there is only the HTC Hero and Samsung Moment at this time.

HTC Hero has a customized interface (and my opinion better form factor for me)

Moment has a slide out keyboard and stock Android OS

I would wait a month though until after CTIA if you are looking at stay on Sprint's network to see what the announcements are.  There is a lot of buzz around the rumored Supersonic and potentially the Nexus One. Bascially the two phones for sprint out now get the job done, but there is going to be a significant jump in processing power in the next round of phones.  The Hero or the Moment aren't bad though if you had to have one now.

If you aren't married to Sprint and you live in a good Tmobile area, then the Nexus One is the choice for sure in Android.  Although, the N1 is coming out for Verizon very shortly and it is loosely, very loosely rumored to be coming to Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat