cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate events and contacts after Exchange sync

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duplicate events and contacts after Exchange sync

I have a GS3 running ICS 4.0.4.  Within approximately the last week or so, exchange events and contacts began being duplicated, as many as a half dozen or so for each event or contact.  This does not seem to be unique to the Sprint network as I'm seeing comments for other carriers, too.  To get it  under control, I have cleared calendar and contacts data and resynced several times.  Each time, the duplicates slowly rebuild.

Any suggestions or other experiences would be welcomed!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Duplicate events and contacts after Exchange sync

Try to update the gmail app. A lot of people experienced the same, including myself. I have d/l the latest update to gmail app and it is the only thing that works for me.

Here's the original thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1799582

Journeyman

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue with my microsoft active sync exchange account.

Wizard

Hello profputr,

I see you have tried clearing the contacts and calendar and re-syncing but but have you tried removing the EAS partnership completely and re-setting up the entire account? I have not seen this issue specifically but I have seen some issue with customers that had their EAS account set up prior to the update and after the ICS update there were some goofy things happening. Try going into Settings --> Accounts and Sync --> Exchange and Remove Account then walk through setting everything back up. I have had success with this for a number of issues.

Thanks,

-Chris

Social Care Support

Technician II

Journeyman

The same problem just started on my phone (SG3 running 4.1.1).  Events on my outlook calendar (work) repeat many times.  I have tried clearing the cache, resetting sync, removing the account and adding it (twice) and the same thing keeps happening.  Some events don't show up at all and others are repeated 3 to 9 times.  Everything is correct in Outlook

From what I can find online this has been a common problem since July of this year.  It makes the phone calendar useless.

Any suggestions?

Journeyman

Tried that for my SG3 (4.1.1) and it did not work.  The color of the calendar entries changed but some events are missing and others duplicate.

Tried that for my SG3 (4.1.1) and it did not work.  The color of the calendar entries changed but some events are missing and others duplicate.

Tried that for my SG3 (4.1.1) and it did not work.  The color of the calendar entries changed but some events are missing and others duplicate....

Journeyman

Today the Android calendar was officially demoted to "useless PoS".  I missed an important conference call because the Android calendar did not update the calendar entry's description so I didn't have the phone number.  It did however duplicate a calendar entry I deleted in Outlook yesterday 164 times!

Any suggestions for a calendar that actually works with Outlook Exchange?  The Android calendar is apparently one more chunk of useless software that doesn't work and that I cannot delete.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat