cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential

Highlighted
Journeyman

Essential

I have not been happy so far with this phone.  Sprint sold me this on it was the next big thing, and all the potential it has.   The only thing that it has lived up to is speed.  Other than that, I feel ripped off.  It freezes contantly,  I have to reboot my phone at least two times a day.  And it overheats.  I took it to a store once and they fixed some network settings and said it should be fine.  Well it wasn't  I will have full bars on my phone, yet no service.  I drive for uber and in half the area where I drive I can not connect because the app says no service. Yet my phone says full.  (And it is not the app, because other apps wont work also.)   I was told by sprint care that it would be fixed when Oreo comes out.  Well that is not an acceptable answer.   

The other option is for me to go to a sprint care store, well it is 45 minutes from me, and I never have 2-3 hours out of my day to get there and and wait, then back.  

I have been reading everywhere that most are having problems with this phone.   II really hope Sprint does something to fix these issues. 

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care

Re: Essential

Hello mdcook2575, follow these steps to update the PRL of the device:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to and tap About phone.

4. Tap OMADM updates.

5. Tap Update PRL.

6. If the PRL is up to date, tap OK.

7. The PRL is up to date.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do that daily

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for letting us know mdcook2575. I'd like to continue to assist you in a private thread. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My phone also freezes constantly, mostly when I use the camera app that came with the phone. I asked the Essential company directly and they said the freezing will stop in the next update since they fixed it, BUT sprint hasn't released the update to the essential phones. The essential company already released the update we just need to wait till sprint decides when to give it to us. The current build that freezes is BUILD NMI81C and the newer build is NMJ32F.

Journeyman

i also purchased the essential phone from sprint and the text messaging doesnt work.  i have wasted 10 hours over the course of the last week calling sprint and most of the customer care and technicians are useless and just dont care to help. now i see why sprint is a failing business. ive been a loyal customer but it might be time to move to a carrier that cares about its customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat