cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Highlighted

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Second of two stories in the past two days regarding HTC's 2010 lineup and specifically this second one about the HTC Bravo coming to the US in January.  Anybody got any leads into whether Sprint will get it, and/or more importantly get it quickly?  My contract is up and I have been waiting for either this or the HD2 phone to come out on some carrier.

http://phandroid.com/2009/12/08/yet-another-passionbravo-update/

What do you think?

75 REPLIES 75
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

The rumor mill says it is going to Verizon (and possibly T-Mo), but I haven't seen official confirmation anywhere.

Journeyman

I've heard Verizon too, but I also read they won't get it. SPRINT PLEASE DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The specs that I have seen make it appear to be a "world phone" both CDMA and GSM.  However, if you look at this ealier article regarding the release of the upcoming HTC Android phones you will see that there are several variations of the Passion as well as a Dragon AND a Bravo...All of which could be similar phones going to different carriers under different carrier requirements.  I would say that the indicated specs for the Bravo in the previous article make it appear to be a Verizon or Sprint phone because of the CDMA/GSM radios as T-Mobile most likely would not have a need at all for the CDMA radios, whereas Sprint and Verizon do to be able to work in Europe.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/huge-stash-of-htc-android-codenames-found-within-2-1-rom

What I hope is that Sprint gets to be the first one out of the gate.  I mean currently Verizon is beating us in both the Android and Window's Mobile phones.  T-Mobile is apparently slated to get the I-Phone next year, The Sony Ericson Xperia X10 is going to T-Mobile....Samsung is schedule to put a new android phone potentially even more powerful than this HTC on Verizon in the 1st quarter.....Where is Sprint's new Flagship Android device???

Journeyman

I will say Amen to that brother, you said it all.

Journeyman

I hope it comes to Sprint first, and soon. I still can't believe the Droid is being talked about as much as it is.

Two of my coworkers recently upgraded to the droid and after playing around with my Hero (Rooted and minus a few HTC/Sprint apps), you could tell they were a little disappointed that they never even thought of trying the Hero (or any all-touch input Android device), before assuming the Droid was the way to go...

Can't blame them though - Verizon, unlike Sprint, actually knows how to market a device.

In fact, I can't imagine that HTC would prefer to go with Sprint - If you look at what t-mobile (MyTouch 3G) and Verizon (Moto Droid) are doing in terms of marketing to support their android devices - going with Sprint could be viewed as a disadvantage....

Journeyman

I think Sprint is really pushing 4G right now, plus the big sell for Sprint is their plans right now. People are looking for ways to cut back right now, so Sprint plans are a bargain. However I think they should market both saying we have great phones and great plans.

jceaser82 wrote:

I think Sprint is really pushing 4G right now, plus the big sell for Sprint is their plans right now. People are looking for ways to cut back right now, so Sprint plans are a bargain. However I think they should market both saying we have great phones and great plans.

Agreed regarding the plans.  Clear is really handling the 4G roleout with Sprint just kind of tagging on....even though they own a majority portion.  Sprint does really have the best plans, but T-Mobile is not very far away in pricing.  With the amount of advertising that they are doing EVERYWHERE, especially it seems on the internet that they could really make a push for a new phone before it comes out and get people wanting to come back...

I really think that handsets are what are going to bring the people back....

I mean before coming back to sprint two years ago, I was with Verizion and their customer service was suppose to be so much better than Sprint, but I now think that Sprint's is better than any utility type company that I have to deal with....Yet, they are still only ranked 3rd...It is a perception thing....And if people are happy with the product in their hand....they will overlook a lot of other things....ie plan cost, customer service, etc.

Journeyman

I've been a customer for over 8 years - Anyone who does even a little bit of research can see that Sprint plans cost way less than comparable plans on the other networks. That is not the issue.

"A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep their eyes on the spot where the crack was." ~Joseph Hall

Sprint's reputation was seriously damaged by years of poor customer service - something that has changed dramatically. How does advertising about the strength of the network help with this issue at all? No amount of Marketing or PR can undo the damage that was done 3-5 years ago...

Look at the iPhone, if that device shows anything, it is that people are willing to pay more and deal with crappy service (customer and network) for an "awesome", iconic device. If Sprint maintains a killer lineup of devices (October looked great, but Verizon's now looks better), they will get people in the door and then have a chance to change their minds about Sprint's customer service improvements.

I've discussed this issues in several other threads, and Sprint just can't seem to earn enough good faith for people to even consider the "NOW" network as an option when they are looking to upgrade or switch carriers...they are hitting points that people just don't seem to care about.

If people really cared about the strength/overall capability of their voice and data network, Verizon and Sprint would be fighting it out for the #1 & #2 spots every year and AT&T and T-mobile would be in a distant 3rd and 4th place...which is obviously not the reality.

Journeyman

I agree their customer service was terrible, but losing all those customers has had a profound effect on their customer service. Everytime I call they are more than willing to give me credits and discounts. Now that I have stuck with them they are really making me fell I made the right choice. You are right they really do need some game changing devices, which is why I keep replying to this thread. GET THE BEST ANDROID PHONE OUT THERE!!!!!

jceaser82 wrote:

I agree their customer service was terrible, but losing all those customers has had a profound effect on their customer service. Everytime I call they are more than willing to give me credits and discounts. Now that I have stuck with them they are really making me fell I made the right choice. You are right they really do need some game changing devices, which is why I keep replying to this thread. GET THE BEST ANDROID PHONE OUT THERE!!!!!

Heck Yeah.....And announce it before it launches.....Market it in advance.....Market it hard and make people want it.....I don't even like the droid, but would want one if Sprint had it because of the commercials.  People will jump for a good marketing campaign.  If Sprint could just find the phone to work with it could really take off.  I just don't know if one of the manufacturers will give Sprint the chance.....We had a really good opportunity with the Hero, but that is gone.  A Snapdragon processor with a large screen (especially if it had killer media abilities and imbedded memory like an IPhone) on an Android platform would be a home run to attach your dreams to...

Message was edited by: jclay1967

Journeyman

Absolutely!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat