cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Journeyman

Re: HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

I was just at a Sprint store and apparently the Nexus 1 is coming to sprint, but no ETA. Also I think there will be no mail in rebates just strait instant discount. Pretty cool stuff!

Journeyman

jceaser82 wrote:

I was just at a Sprint store and apparently the Nexus 1 is coming to sprint, but no ETA. Also I think there will be no mail in rebates just strait instant discount. Pretty cool stuff!

Come on....please, don't you think that if it was going to happen any time in the near future that Google would put it up on their site like they did for Verizon and I believe Vodaphone?

Sprint store folks are just pulling your leg.

Journeyman

First off, unless you know that store/representative well, be careful what you believe. The stores I deal with are very professional and well informed, Is that generally the case with the store you went to?

Would be great if Sprint did away with mail-in rebates all together...

Best Buy has, by far, the highest percentage of incompetent sales people per store, but the instant rebates are a consideration for a lot of people...

Journeyman

I actually just called my local Sprint store.  I was informed that none of them receive any information at all until the phone is officially launched by Sprint.  The representative sounded a bit down and apologetic.  So, I too am a bit suspicious that another store employee would have any kind of positive confirmation of any new devices such as the Bravo/Passion/Nexus One.

Journeyman

I don't think its BS. They are never supposed to comment, but the area get that information ahead of time. I just thing VW is farther along the process thats all. It will come to sprint.

Journeyman

Apparently sprint is shifting its focus from corporate owned stores to third party stores, which I think is a good business move. The mail in rebate is very old school and I think from a customer satisfaction perspective its better all around. All mail in rebates do is piss people off.

Journeyman

Yeah I wouldn't rely on their information either. I will wait until I hear more about it from an official source. I sure hope they do though.

Journeyman

How about an HTC phone powered by Android running WiMax?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/sprint-bringing-on-a9292-wimax-phone-from-htc/

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think focusing on 4G announcements right now instead of new handsets is a mistake. 4G is still only available to a very small percentage of the USA and they don't have any phones that even work on it yet so why make it a focus of your CES? why not wait until they have devices ready to run on it before they make it a big deal? or wait until more major cities have access to it.

I think sprints biggest issue now is they have no exclusive phones that make people think of sprint like AT&T has Iphone and Verizon has Droid, sprint keeps running ads for the Hero, Tour and Pre yet Verizon has the Eris which is the hero really, the tour and they are getting a much improved version of the pre. They rely on saying how much cheaper they are than other carriers yet Tmobile is pretty much the same price wise and they are getting the nexus one and the HD2, what is sprint getting? I am actually ready to leave sprint for verizon even at the higher plan price point if they don't get a phone worth having, low prices don't matter if you don't have phones people want to use. I'd like to be able to cancel my landline but I can't stand the call quality on the instinct so there is no way I'd use that as my primary phone. If I went to verizon for the nexus one and liked the call quality I could cancel my land line and that would more than make up for the difference in price.

Message was edited by: SoCal_J

Journeyman

ATT has the iPhone, but beyond that their phones aren't pulling in customers. Verizon's lineup however is very exciting compared to other carriers. I am currently on Verizon and after using all of the phones that are out I was really wanting the Samsung Omnia 2(great screen & camera, and smoother than the iPhone). However, I feel like Windows Mobile is going down the drain, Samsung's Warranty center sucks, and Verizon is expensive. My Omnia 1 stopped working(they wouldn't replace it after 6 months), now I'm back to using my old Treo and I left my charger in another city! Tomorrow I'm not going to have a working phone and instead of buying a $40 charger for an ancient phone I was thinking about switching to Sprint and buying the HTC Hero. I was hopeful that Sprint was going to get the Dragon/Passion/Bravo/One because their plans are great and they are CDMA, but the Nexus One came out and it's working for t-mobile and other GSM. They announced the future release for Verizon, so I'm assuming Sprint will be in there somewhere, but does anyone have any ideas about when it will be available yet? I'll feel very silly buying a Hero and having a Bravo come out a couple of weeks later and be locked into contract for 2 years.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.