Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Second of two stories in the past two days regarding HTC's 2010 lineup and specifically this second one about the HTC Bravo coming to the US in January.  Anybody got any leads into whether Sprint will get it, and/or more importantly get it quickly?  My contract is up and I have been waiting for either this or the HD2 phone to come out on some carrier.

http://phandroid.com/2009/12/08/yet-another-passionbravo-update/

What do you think?

75 REPLIES 75
Journeyman

Also I wanna note, the main reason I want to switch to Sprint is this forum! I'm often out there searching for information and this community is great! No other carrier has a community like this full of well informed and talkative customers!

Now bring me a Snapdragon phone!!!

Journeyman

According to the following article, which cites "industry experts," the HTC Supersonic (WiMax, 4.3" screen, Snapdragon, Droid 2.1, HTC Sense) should come to Sprint in the first half of 2010.  If true, that would be great news since Sprint needs a new flagship phone after the release and imminent releases of devices like the HD2, Nexus One, Droid... and the rumored launch of the iPhone 4G.  At the same time, since the article's sources go unnamed, and since the original engadget article states that the current device is extremely buggy, we should probably take the release date with a grain of salt.  I'm crossing my fingers though...

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100120PB200.html

Journeyman

I think Sprint will be letting out all the details about this phone at Mobile World Congress in Feb. At the way CES went, Sprint haas to make a big splash at MWC.

Journeyman

I hope so, that found sounds very appealing. I love the stats and the size of it. Now I will be combing the web for information to post on the Supersonic.

Journeyman

You know what I think this might actually be a reality, there are a lot of web sites talking about this. If the rumors around the N1 are any indication on how a rumor becomes reality I think this has a chance.

Journeyman

HTC Bravo leaked pics:

http://www.htcsource.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=891&Itemid=37

Confirmed release date of March 2010... at least in the UK on T-Mobile.

C'mon Sprint.  We need something soon, whether that be the Bravo or the Wimax Supersonic.

Journeyman

The rumors/news about the Supersonic are encouraging, especially since they are coming from Engadget...

I don't think we should even bother with the Bravo...3.7 inch screens are better than what we have with the Hero, but a 4.3 inch screen would be amazing (that should be plenty of real estate for my fat fingers...).

I love the Hero and Android, but I may not be sticking with the device or the OS when Sprint gets the next generation of Blackberrys (the curve 8530 is inferior to the curve 8330 IMHO).

After having the Hero since launch, I will not buy another all-touch device with a screen smaller than 4.3 inches...if that never happens w/Sprint (which is entirely possible), then so be it...

Journeyman

thought i jump in this forum since one big one i was in got shut down smh . people got way out of hand but anyways i think sprint will get one of them . or something nice either way . I just hope w.e they get they make it exclusive so they have it alone and it can have the next gen of it as it grows. every carrier cops their phones so i would wait . hard to but i can do it so .

Journeyman

It's not really a question of if Sprint will be getting some of these next gen devices, more a question of when.  It's sad that there are a whole bunch of choices out there to tempt people away from Sprint, yet they do and say nothing.  The Supersonic sounds interesting, but it's not going to be out until probably 4th quarter.  By then, everyone else will have even fancier devices.

I sincerely hope that Sprint talks about something substantial at MWC or CTIA.  If not, I think it might be time to move on.  I have an old phone (Moto Q), am out of contract, and I want a new device.

Journeyman

rfurman68 wrote:

It's not really a question of if Sprint will be getting some of these next gen devices, more a question of when.  It's sad that there are a whole bunch of choices out there to tempt people away from Sprint, yet they do and say nothing.  The Supersonic sounds interesting, but it's not going to be out until probably 4th quarter.  By then, everyone else will have even fancier devices.

I sincerely hope that Sprint talks about something substantial at MWC or CTIA.  If not, I think it might be time to move on.  I have an old phone (Moto Q), am out of contract, and I want a new device.

In general, Sprint does need to do a better job in keeping pace with their competitors.

However, I doubt any of Sprint's competitors will have LTE or WiMAX devices ready by Q4 2010.  The other stats are irrelevant, Snapdragon processors and more RAM will simply become the standard of the next generation of smartphones.

It would also be nice if 4.3" screens become an accepted standard with 3.7" being the minimum.

Journeyman

ATTENTION SPRINT!!!!

Do you like retaining customers? This is the phone you need to get.I am so tired of hearing about all the great phones T-Mobile is getting. Sure there network sucks, but there pricing is close enough to yours.  Get on the ball Sprint.

Message was edited by: travisr528

Journeyman

How is Iphone getting 4G?  its GSM and wimax is cdma switching.  I was under the impression the GSM folks will be using LTE, which is still 2 years away.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat