cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Re: HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

wafowler4 wrote:

I've been a customer for over 8 years - Anyone who does even a little bit of research can see that Sprint plans cost way less than comparable plans on the other networks. That is not the issue.

"A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep their eyes on the spot where the crack was." ~Joseph Hall

Sprint's reputation was seriously damaged by years of poor customer service - something that has changed dramatically. How does advertising about the strength of the network help with this issue at all? No amount of Marketing or PR can undo the damage that was done 3-5 years ago...

Look at the iPhone, if that device shows anything, it is that people are willing to pay more and deal with crappy service (customer and network) for an "awesome", iconic device. If Sprint maintains a killer lineup of devices (October looked great, but Verizon's now looks better), they will get people in the door and then have a chance to change their minds about Sprint's customer service improvements.

I've discussed this issues in several other threads, and Sprint just can't seem to earn enough good faith for people to even consider the "NOW" network as an option when they are looking to upgrade or switch carriers...they are hitting points that people just don't seem to care about.

If people really cared about the strength/overall capability of their voice and data network, Verizon and Sprint would be fighting it out for the #1 & #2 spots every year and AT&T and T-mobile would be in a distant 3rd and 4th place...which is obviously not the reality.

I have bounced...Cingular, AT&T before they combined with Cingular, Bellsouth before it was Cingular, Verizon, and Sprint on two different cases.  And to be honest except early on when Bellsouth had the best coverage in Georgia by far, they were all very similar when it came to customer service....But like you said, when Sprint started falling behind and changed their customer service attitude both on the phone and in stores it really showed....But like you said folks are not going to even give them a chance unless they get back in here.  The CS will help keep the customers, but will not bring them in.

Journeyman

Between improved customer service, the solid voice and data networks, and the affordability of Sprint plans - Sprint should be signing up new customers and retaining old ones at rates that would scare the heck out of ATT and Verizon...

Sprint needs to consistently offer THE flagship device for each mobile OS (HTC HD2 for WinMo, Bravo/Passion for Android, etc...) for 2-3 years. If Sprint can attract people with these devices, and keep them happy for 2 years with outstanding performance in the areas listred above.

They will bring in a ton of new customers who may LEARN to appreciate their relationship with Sprint and are willing to wait for new devices (a process that many of us on these forums have already gone through).

This is an area where AT&T is struggling and I would bet a lot of money that as soon as iPhone exclusivity ends, AT&T will lose a ton of customers who are simply fed up with poor coverage and customer service (but love their iPhone)...

Same strategy, but I think the outcome for Sprint would be dramatically different...

Journeyman

I am very optimistic about Sprint getting the Dragon for a number of reasons.

1. On a previous thread here we discussed the likelyhood of the HD2 coming to Sprint.  At the time Sprint had a online chat sessions with some of the higher up in the company.  The question of which handsets will you get come up and they were tight lipped other than they have some impressive Android units coming.
  2. HTC has spent a fourtune advertisting int he US-  What was it 97% saturation, most americans will see 36 HTC ads between Oct.-Dec. That is insanse to think they would do that and not have some majore hardware realeases on ALL carriers.
  3. There past- HTC got a history of releasing flagship devices on all carriers.  Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 etc. etc.
  4. If it comes to Verizon it will most likely come to Sprint.  They both have the only CDMA technolgy in the US so this typically happens.

I would certianinly hope we start getting more updates on this device, its "jan" release is coming up fast.  One other thing to note, we have been seeing multiple screen shots of this device.  Verizon wants all there "droids" to have the same stype menu, the Eris and Moto Droid have that capacative touch buttons on the bottom.  And that one leaked photo does as well, yet the Bravo does not.  This could be multiple designs of the same core hardware.  Just some my thoughts.

How do you guys think the emergence of the potential "Google Phone" affects the Bravo / Dragon / Passion coming to Sprint in January?  Or for that matter....cell phone companies such as Sprint and others becoming "dumb pipes"

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/12/google-phone-unlocked-confirmed/

Journeyman

I think that phone is not a google phone, but the HTC Bravo with android 2.1.

Journeyman

There are two camps of thinking about the Google Phone 1) it is real and will be sold directly from Google unlocked for US GSM networks 2) it is just an updated google dev phone.

Personally I think its just a dev. phone, Google has done this the last two years in a row, they need a devlopment phone that is up to date with the new hardware etc.  Even if it is true, it won't do anything but push Sprint more by getting a WVGA 1ghz Android phone faster.  If the Bravo is coming to Sprint however, I would hope to start hearing rumors/leaks pretty damn soon.

Journeyman

I would love to see this before March of 2010 when I can upgrade.  I currently have a Curve 8330 and miss the touchscreen my PPC 6700 had.  And since Sprint won't get the Storm 2

Journeyman

Wow, this thread is getting almost no hits/replies.  I remember back a month or so ago I was on the HD2 fourm and it was exploding.  The HTC Bravo is MUCH bigger news than the HD2.  Its the same hardware on Android guys, come on get excited!

O anways, the point, is this anyone know if this is being discussed on other fourms or threads (Sprint + HTC Bravo), please provide links.

Message was edited by: gianthobbit

gianthobbit wrote:

Wow, this thread is getting almost no hits/replies.  I remember back a month or so ago I was on the HD2 fourm and it was exploding.  The HTC Bravo is MUCH bigger news than the HD2.  Its the same hardware on Android guys, come on get excited!

Unfortunately, I think this week is the week of the Google (Nexus One) Phone for android fans, and I think that Sprint doesn't have a chance for that one.

Folks (including the bloggers) seem to have lost interest in the Bravo as well as the Motoroal XT800 (I believe...Also called the Titanium) which looks pretty cool and has a chance to come to Sprint.  The XT800 is very similar to the Bravo and I believe it has already passed the FCC with the appropriate radios for Sprint and/or Verizon and the speculation is that it will NOT go to Verizon.

Journeyman

That is really too bad.  As far as I am concerned the "HTC DRAGON" is any HTC android device with a 1 ghz snapdragon and all touch form factor.  I think all carriers will recieve a version of this.

One thing is for certian, if the Google phone is real, it will be unlocked for GSM networks only.  So again, not sure why Sprint fans out be getting excited about that.

Journeyman

Regardless if the phones go to Sprint or not, one thing that is to be noted is that there are a new generation of smart phones coming out that will contain powerful processors; these won't be the only phones that will have a 1ghz processor, so therefor there will be a ton more on the market to come to all carriers in the next while.

Journeyman

I am a long time window's mobile user, but the bravo / dragon / passion have got me wanting to switch to android.There is no more excitement in my touch pro, nothing new to push it. This phone needs to come to Sprint, I need this phone to keep me entertained with Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat