cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Journeyman

Re: HTC Bravo / Dragon / Passion - Coming to Sprint??? - WE WANT IT!!!

Me too.  My contract ran out yesteday and the only thing keeping me from jumping to V and the Droid is the hope of the gPhone or some other HOT Android phone coming to Sprint.  I would prefer to stay with Sprint, give me a reason, PLEASE.

Journeyman

"I am a long time window's mobile user, but the bravo / dragon / passion have got me wanting to switch to android.There is no more excitement in my touch pro, nothing new to push it. This phone needs to come to Sprint, I need this phone to keep me entertained with Sprint."

Let me ask  you this, have you ever used anything other than WM?  I used Windows for the last 2 years and recently changed to  Palm Pre.  I thought I was using a "smart" phone until I changed to WebOS, not comparasion what so ever.  Bail ship man, WM is dead and unless M$ can pull a royal flush with WM7 I dont see my self coming back.  They however have proved to me that they are fully capably of doing just that with the zune hd.

"Me too.  My contract ran out yesteday and the only thing keeping me from jumping to V and the Droid is the hope of the gPhone or some other HOT Android phone coming to Sprint.  I would prefer to stay with Sprint, give me a reason, PLEASE."

The gPhone will not come to Sprint.  They are selling it unlocked and the only way you can do that is through a GSM network (AT&T and T-Mobile the only two big ones in the US).  The Droid is compelling but almost everyone I know that has one hates the keyboard.  The keyboard adds extra gerth the the phone that is unnessasry if you never use it.  I personally will be waiting for eithe a better keyboard or better hardware (1GHz snapdragon etc...).

Journeyman

I used winmo for over 3 years at ATT and came to Sprint last month and got a Hero I will probably never go back to windows mobile again I really think android is the way to go and love it so far.

Journeyman

Your right, I believe wm is going under, but will come back up. Wm always bounces back. I have messed with the palm pre and it is pretty nice. I just think there is more potential in android than with palm.

Ok, this is what I have seen on websites (blogs, rumors, etc.) as of this morning as far various good to great phones go:

1.     Google Phone / Nexus One - will be sold unlocked but will only work on T-Mobile (including 3G) or AT&T if you can survice without 3G - Everyone

2.     HTC HD2 - goint to T-Mobile release date of approximately March / April - Engadget

3.     Sony Ericsson Experia X10 - going to T-Mobile - early 2010 release date - Engadget

4.     HTC Passion - similar specs to Google Phone - going to Verizon - no release date - Phone Arena

5.     HTC Bravo - will be a GSM device - Phone Arena

Also, T-Mobile has discounted (BOGO) all of their smart phones for the rest of December and Verizon has done the same for the Droid and Eris through Christmas eve.....Sounds like they are both wanting to dump phones before a new batch of great phones become available shortly after the new year.

No price reductions from Sprint on their WinMo / Android phones.....Is that because nothing new is coming?

Are we all to try and get outselves excited about the new release of the BB8530?  Because quite frankly that phone (although very nice) just isn't going to do it for me.

Message was edited by: jclay1967

Chiccora wrote:

Regardless if the phones go to Sprint or not, one thing that is to be noted is that there are a new generation of smart phones coming out that will contain powerful processors; these won't be the only phones that will have a 1ghz processor, so therefor there will be a ton more on the market to come to all carriers in the next while.

I think that sounds great, and would certainly agree.... My question is what timeframe is the "in the next while" translate to?

Journeyman

Seems like the fire has died out. Sprint needs to leak some info and create a spark, Sprint needs to release or hint of what is coming soon. Tired of hearing about what verizon and T-mobile might be getting.

travisr528 wrote:

Seems like the fire has died out. Sprint needs to leak some info and create a spark, Sprint needs to release or hint of what is coming soon. Tired of hearing about what verizon and T-mobile might be getting.

Just to possibly (or maybe not) wet your appetite before Christmas....There have been these two blog posts in the past couple of weeks that point toward a new Motorola phone coming the Sprint....ie  the Titanium / XT800.  Look here....Yes, I'd rather have a Bravo, but I agree with you....Sprint needs to get something out there.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/12/unknown-motorola-handset-possibly-the-zeppelin-aka-the-tit...

http://phandroid.com/2009/12/14/motorola-zeppelin-xt800-flying-to-china-and-back/

Note that the FCC approval above indicate that it would be a world phone with both CMDA/EVDO capability in the US and GSM capabilities abroad.  So far, it has only been either Sprint and Verizon that have been using this "capability" and since Motorola is issuing 3 similar phones the take is that this one is coming to Sprint.....

Also, it has already passed the FCC so maybe it will be coming soon!!!!  I need something soon, because my contract is up....great phones are coming elsewhere and I cannot wait until March/April.  I have been looking at these phone blogs way too much for 2 months already!!!!

Help!

Journeyman

I would not  be to concerned about the lack of info leaking, Sprint is holdig there cards close to announce something at CES.  Apparently Sprint CEO and Steve Ballmer are sharing the stage to announce a 4g phone, this however will be for wm 6.5 which I will not ever go back to.

gianthobbit wrote:

I would not  be to concerned about the lack of info leaking, Sprint is holdig there cards close to announce something at CES.  Apparently Sprint CEO and Steve Ballmer are sharing the stage to announce a 4g phone, this however will be for wm 6.5 which I will not ever go back to.

Yeah, I saw this blog this morning concerning that....  Looks like it will be an LG phone of some sort.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/23/sprint-to-announce-windows-mobile-wimax-phone-january-6th/

It would be nice to have a WiMax phone....especially if it was also a world phone.  I am just not sure about LG.  I think I could live (or for that matter be happy) with WinMo 6.5 as long as the equipment and user interface was done well enough....I just don't know that much about LG's capabilities on high end phones....I would be much more excited about announcement / release if it were HTC....

Message was edited by: jclay1967

Journeyman

We were just discussing this in another thread?

IMO LG is a poor choice, especially since Sprint has so much riding on their 4G network....It won't matter how well the 4G works if people are busy slamming the ugly, poorly made LG device.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the latest LG device to launch on AT&T (LG Expo) just leaves me scratching my head...I'm almost scared to see what they come up with next...

Message was edited by: wafowler4

Journeyman

I totally agree.  No matter how important a first 4G device might be to Sprint, if that device is running on LG hardware and Windows Mobile 6.x software, then not many people are going to be attracted.  To be honest, I'm not sure most consumers really even feel the need for 4G right now.  All the Verizon and AT&T ads lately have been fighting over who has the more widespread and dependable 3G network.  They can argue over their networks, but they both have killer devices that meet the demand and imagination of the public: AT&T's iPhone and Verizon's Droid.

Almost all of the tech web sites (including Gizmodo and Engadget) have been clamoring over the rumored new high-end HTC device or its many derivatives (Bravo, Dragon, Passion, Nexus One, Incredible).  Sprint really needs to make this phone available for it's customers in timely fashion.  It would be great if Sprint could actually be a launch partner for one of these phones, but even it it doesn't, it needs to make such a phone is available extremely quickly in order to retain its existing customers and invite new ones.

Sprint, in my opinion, has the best data plans right now with their unlimited data, any mobile plans.  It's at a great price point, and offers all the necessary features for a complete smart phone experience.  Unfortunately, none of the devices that Sprint is offering has really caught on in attracting the public excitement.  The HTC Bravo/Dragon/Passion is a device that's already been generating incredible, ridiculous buzz; and Sprint really should take advantage of that. 

The best phone for the best plan: An HTC Android phone featuring HTC Sense running on a 1ghz snapdragon processor and a 3.7" AMOLED screen... combined with Sprint's Everything Date, Any Mobile plan.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat