cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Camera Fuzzy/Blurry

Highlighted
Patron

HTC Hero Camera Fuzzy/Blurry

Brand new to this forum and just got the Hero yesterday (actually, got it for my wife and I have the Pre).

I'm doing some tests of Hero vs Pre and recently working with the camera. Has anyone figured out how to sharpen the image on the Hero? Take a look at these picture comparisons. The Hero (5mp) is incredibly blurry, while the Pre (3mp) is clear and crisp. Seems backwards since the Hero has the higher megapixels. I know this was posted in some reviews, but thought that maybe once they were shipped it would be improved.

Any luck out there?

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero Camera Fuzzy/Blurry

Lol I hope you took the plastic off the back. I forgot to at first and was like wtf is wrong with the cam. The pics I've taken have come out pretty decent.

Here are a few I took. http://www.flickr.com/photos/42017549@N03/sets/72157622563840292/

And higher megapixels doesn't mean better quality. It means pics can be taken at a bigger size at a decent quality, as opposed to being enlarged by other means.

Message was edited by: ajones1989

Journeyman

Yeah, I hope you took off the plastic off the back.

Patron

haha, yes, the plastic is off the back. This is one of the first things I wanted to test because I use my phone as a camera quite a bit and had read the reviews about the soft, fuzzy images produced by the camera.

ajones1989, are you using the trackball to take the picture? Just wondering why these images are coming out so blurry. It's like the camera won't focus. The one I attached is an extreme example, but haven't reached anything up to par yet.

Journeyman

i got to try out my camera yester day at a ar show took lots of pics and videos they all came out good  check them out

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=326252&id=829650079&l=0cda097f23

Journeyman

Yea I'm using the trackball. Have you tried tapping to focus. That's how I took those.

Patron

I've started taking pictures by holding down on the screen rather than using the trackball and have had much better results. This also focuses, so maybe that was the issue. Thanks!!

Journeyman

good advice... I guess I should read the manual or something. My first pictures were blurry because I was just clicking the trackball. Also as mentioned in previous posts on this page, I had forgotten to take off the plastic before I put it in a protective silicone jacket

Journeyman

Are you using the "zoom in"?  It is not a true zoom but a crop and resize.  That will blur the pics some depending on how much "zoom".  That is why for camera it is better to have a large optical zoom.  It truley zooms in with the lenses. Digital zooms make it fuzzy by using the pic and crop and resize.

Patron

No. Like you said, zoom just makes it more blurry.

Journeyman

maybe it's too obvious, but did you take off the plastic film on the lens?  I thought mine was blurry too until I took it off.  You may have forgotten..

Patron

Took the plastic off right away, so at least I know it's not that. I was reading this review today and looking at their sample pics, looks like they have the same problem.

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/cell-phones/sprint-hero/10577.html

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat