cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Camera Fuzzy/Blurry

Highlighted
Patron

HTC Hero Camera Fuzzy/Blurry

Brand new to this forum and just got the Hero yesterday (actually, got it for my wife and I have the Pre).

I'm doing some tests of Hero vs Pre and recently working with the camera. Has anyone figured out how to sharpen the image on the Hero? Take a look at these picture comparisons. The Hero (5mp) is incredibly blurry, while the Pre (3mp) is clear and crisp. Seems backwards since the Hero has the higher megapixels. I know this was posted in some reviews, but thought that maybe once they were shipped it would be improved.

Any luck out there?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

btw, higher megapixels don't mean more clarity necessarily.  and to be objective, I think the Pre has one of the best lenses for a smart phone that I've seen.  there are lots of praises about it.

Basically, the hero behaves like the usual average smartphone, that needs a lot of light to get a good shot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The camera is much better than the one I had with any other camera on a cell phone. As some people posted, you will get the more crisp photos when you press and hold the screen in the camera mode rather than pressing the trackball. I haven't had a blurry photo or video yet.

I do think that HTC may need to consider looking into the possibility of incorporating a flash (like the Palm Pre) for optimal photo performance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am wondering why they didnt have a flash.  The Moment has a flash but only 3.2 mp.  I would think the flash would produce better inside picture.  Will have to see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hero and Palm Pre side by side playing exact same video is night and day difference with pre showing exceptional quality to a very pixilated hero.  Is there a way to improve the pixilated streaming videos the hero produces.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat