cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Camera speed

Journeyman

HTC Hero Camera speed

Hello Kids,

I am back, I know there are tons of review of online but lets be honest most just want you to run out and buy the device. I trust people who have purchased their own device and use them on a daily basis.

Having said that here is my questions what is the camera quality and camera speed on the HTC Hero? My BlackBerry Tour has a super slow camera speed the picture quality is ok.

Thank in Advance for the feedback its greatly appreciated.

I am thinking of getting myself a Hero as an x-mas gift

Lisbeth

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: HTC Hero Camera speed

Hi Lisbeth,

Post MR update that just occurred, the HTC Hero camera is awesome!  Is it as good as a point and shoot stand alone camera???  Maybe not since there is no flash for it, but it does a great job.  Prior to the update, it made every picture blurry unless your subject stood very, very still.  Now, it is very good in any light conditions and doesn't have blurry subjects (unless your subject starts sprinting away).  The shutter time is greatly reduced as well, maybe a 3 count and the picture snaps.  The key is to just hold the screen where you want it to focus and it will focus and take the picture (a very nice picture).  Overall, this was the weakest part of the phone prior to the update, now that it has been fixed, I have been snapping photos like crazy and they all come out great.

I hope you enjoy your hero as much as I do.

Journeyman

I just bought an HTC Hero, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the image quality from the camera.  If you add in post-processing effects like sepia tone and stuff, it does tend to slow the picture taking down, but if you leave the effects off, the picture taking is quite fast.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this phone.  I had an LG Muziq before, which was a really simple phone, but I liked it.  I moved up to this for a number of reasons (Web browsing, email on the go, and whatnot), and I am not disappointed in the least.  Definitely pick it up if you're looking for a good Android phone.  🙂

E.A.W.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You mention holding the screen where you want it to focus...  You do realize you can look at the picture, and touch the area you actually want focused, and the "focus square" will move to that object/area and focus to that location, don't you?

(Just a tip you might find interesting if you didn't know that yet.)

Journeyman

Quality is great, seems to take forever though.   Using the trackball to click shutter doesn't help keep the hero steady as the shutter clicks but there is a lag (intentional?) that seems to keep it from being an issue.   Some apps like the reciept filer (great app but slow...) will focus after you hit the icon on the screen so you don't necessarily need to panic if it looks out of focus.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat