cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having serious problems playing YouTube videos through native app...

Journeyman

Having serious problems playing YouTube videos through native app...

I have an "with Google" HTC Hero that, in the last 2 months out of nowhere, will rarely play YouTube videos through the native YouTube application that comes with Android the first time they're selected, much less in "high quality." This seems pretty random, because the app was pretty reliable in terms of playing videos the first time around, especially in "high quality mode," but in the last 2 months, it'll sometimes take up to 10 tries to get a single video to play. A vast majority of videos I try to play, again in the native Android YouTube application, never play at all. I get an error that states:

"Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played." When I get this I'm like, "Really?" It's getting silly. Then yesterday, the native Amazon MP3 app just stopped opening, giving me a force close option everytime I opened it. Are any other Android people having this problem with their Hero? Moment?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Having serious problems playing YouTube videos through native app...

Mine did the same thing. What worked for me is talking to tech support  in which I,

1) open internet browser and type "m.youtube.com"

2) search for whatever video you want..... watch it.... etc..

3) save the main webpage "m.youtube.com" as a bookmark and use that as a widget to get to youtube.

The original app for youtube quit working so a bookmarked mobile youtube site widget seems to work just fine.... Hope it helps

Journeyman

Yes, that does work every time. It's a damn shame, really, that that's the only way to watch videos reliably. Using the native app, it can take as many as 10 times before a video plays... in regular, grainy, crappy, quality. This phone cost me $499.99 because I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price for $179.99 or the even newer, lower price of $99.99. You'd think that a phone running Google's own video streaming site's native app would work as well as the Gmail app does. Oh well! At least I can watch vids in the browser in the browser. Thanks for replying!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you patton18!  I can watch the videos on my HTC Hero now! Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat