cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off display during phone call

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to turn off display during phone call

The hero does not have a proximity senstor to turn off the display when the phone is placed up to your ear. Therefore I want to manually shut the screen off after placing/answering a call. Unfortunately the button to turn off the display is also the end button!

Anybody know how I can turn off the display without ending the call or waiting for the regular screen timeout?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: How to turn off display during phone call

djschny wrote:

The hero does not have a proximity senstor to turn off the display when the phone is placed up to your ear. Therefore I want to manually shut the screen off after placing/answering a call. Unfortunately the button to turn off the display is also the end button!

Anybody know how I can turn off the display without ending the call or waiting for the regular screen timeout?

I have my screen set to never go off. But it does while I'm on a call...I thought that was the proximity sensor, I didn't realize it doesn't have one.

Journeyman

jturnbow wrote:

djschny wrote:

I have my screen set to never go off. But it does while I'm on a call...I thought that was the proximity sensor, I didn't realize it doesn't have one.

You're probably activating the light sensor.  It's not as good as a proximity sensor but the next best thing.

Journeyman

Check out the Screen Suite app.  It can be configured to lock your screen automatically during a call i.e. when you make a call or answer an incoming call

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat