cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are given a free phone, Samsung Moment or HTC Touch Pro2, which one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are given a free phone, Samsung Moment or HTC Touch Pro2, which one?

I have been given the opportunity to choose a smartphone and the choices are

the Samsung Moment or HTC Touch Pro2. Which one should I choose?

This are some things I'd expect to be using the phone for, among other things:

1. Make regular voice calls or receive incoming calls

2. Receive emails from our exchange server and sync email, calendar, schedule, etc

3. Send/receive text messages

4. Use RDP to access/monitor our servers

5. Good response, minimum lag, and simple to use.

6. Access IP-based video camera

If you could, please include at least two best reason why you chose one over the other.

This would be my first PDA/Smartphone and any suggestion is much appreciated. I'll be making a decision by 11:00am today

based on the number of response. Sorry for the short notice.

Thanks,

jav

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: If you are given a free phone, Samsung Moment or HTC Touch Pro2, which one?

Samsung Moment would be my choice.  Now mind you that I am biased as I have a Moment.  I debated between both of these phones as well.  However upon reading other forums (Howard Forums), quite a few people did not like their Touch Pro2 and were looking to return them to get the Moment.   I access Exchange very well using the Moxier Mail client (included on the Moment).  I am connected to my exchange server and can sync my mail and calendar with no problems.  As for text messages, it works great.  The Moment has threaded text which shows you all texts that you have sent to a contact so you can look back and see previous messages as if looking through a chat log.  VERY NICE.

I have not used RDP on the Moment.  I would think this is a feature that would best be suited for a WinMo phone.  However via the Android Market are apps that you can use to access and control your PC.  They are also working on a VNC viewer for Android, but RDP is a Windows thing.

The Moment has good response.  There is some lag I have found when typing.  Letters not appearing as fast as I can type them.  However the Moment is using 1.6 Android right now but will be upgraded to 2.1 in the first half of 2010.  This may fix some of this lag.

As for accessing an IP based camera.  I have no idea. What is the video encoded in (.wmv, .avi, .mpg) The type of encoding would determine if the video would work on the Moment.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I went with the Moment. I have about 60-days to use and if I don't like it, I can upgrade

to the Pro2.

I've read in several forum there is an RDP app for the Android and works well. A friend also has a Droid and

he uses it to monitor his business office via an IP-based camera.

jav

Master

You only have 30 days to preview a device, If you were told 60 days you were misinformed. Where did you purchase your phone at? If I was you I would report them for misinforming you so they will be trained/coached on what the terms are to stop the misinformation given.

You can send an email to dan@sprint.com to reach Dan Hesse's office.

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat