cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Nexus One Delayed Due to Apple-HTC Lawsuit???

Journeyman

Is the Nexus One Delayed Due to Apple-HTC Lawsuit???

With the complete lack of information from Sprint about the Nexus One, other than "We're getting it..." and nothing from Google I was interested in reading that the CDMA Nexus One might be delayed due to the legal action Apple is taking with HTC?  One rumor put the release some time this summer.  Here are the articles I've read so far:

Verizon Nexus One Delayed Due to Apple-HTC Lawsuit

Verizon Nexus One: Delayed Again For Another  Month

This is all rumor as of now so chime in and let's talk.

Fubie

N1 bound!
HTC Hero and Sprint

The Not Right Now Red Headed Step Child Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Message was edited by: Fubie

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is the Nexus One Delayed Due to Apple-HTC Lawsuit???

Unless Apple sent a cease and desist letter, I imagine the phones will continue to roll out.  If Apple wins the case then, I can see HTC paying apple a % of their N1 profits.  In addition, if Apple wins an alternative move would be to delay release due to HTC filing an appeal.

I imagine Spring 2010 on the Google website remains.  Remember Spring just started.  Overly anxious writers and unsubstantiated rumors tend to drive this field.

AFDOC

Journeyman

Unfortunately I believe this is true because about a week or so ago a contact inside Sprint was told me that N1 is coming to the network and today he says the date is "unavailable" which means delayed until further notice. It may not be the Apple-HTC lawsuit that is causing the delay but the delay seems to be real.

However the upgrade to Android 2.1 for Hero seems to be happening sometime this month.

Journeyman

AFDOC wrote:

...I imagine Spring 2010 on the Google website remains.  Remember Spring just started.  Overly anxious writers and unsubstantiated rumors tend to drive this field.

AFDOC

I hear you, but all we have is unsubstantiated rumors.  While this isn't just a problem (Yes I consider this a problem) with Sprint, more information from Sprint itself would be great.  I guess we're mushrooms...

Fubie

N1 bound!
HTC Hero and Sprint

The Not Right Now  Red Headed Step Child Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat