cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to remove built in applications (like Nascar and NFL) from my Hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any way to remove built in applications (like Nascar and NFL) from my Hero?

Applications like this will never get used, they're just useless to me and taking up spcae I could put to better use. Anyone know how I can remove them from my internal memory?

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Is there any way to remove built in applications (like Nascar and NFL) from my Hero?

I am looking for the same info. Will post it as soon as I find how I can remove the built in applications

Master

Re: Is there any way to remove built in applications (like Nascar and NFL) from my Hero?

You cant, Sorry!

Wizard

Ok Thanks.

Back to the old drawing board and return the phone before my trial period ends and get the TP2 as regionally intended.

Journeyman

Unless you root the device, there is no way to remove it...

Wizard

wafowler4 wrote:

Unless you root the device, there is no way to remove it...

Not for now. If I decide to keep the phone then I will root it. That is my nature.

My turf is Windows Mobile, I am new to Android and it's just hard for me not to do what I  want to the phone.

Journeyman

I had WinMo phones for ages...and I liked them for the most part...however as the time went on, I kept getting so many problems with them ranging from bugs, to phone freezes, etc...i gave up on them...went to the Android platform and I love it now...I kind of miss my Microsoft programs such as word, excel, etc...however I have found that Docs2go has become sufficient for my needs for work and school. However, the OS is not even in it's toddler stage so it still has lots to grow...however since it has only been around for a year, it has done so much better in it's growth compared to Windows mobile

Journeyman

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to deal with it for now!

Wizard

Rooting is pretty easy. Check out Fresh at http://geekfor.me/

Journeyman

Everyone keeps saying how easy it is but I'm not very tech savvy in the least.

And I'm worried I won't know what to do after I root it. And I'm worried I won't be able to get 2.1 as well.

But maaaaybe I will try it anyways :\

Wizard

I would not put a beta ROM on my device.

Be carefull, not to turn your phone to an expansive paper weight

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat