Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a Sprint Fan with an opinion on your current phone choices or lack of choices. Is Iphone to blame?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a Sprint Fan with an opinion on your current phone choices or lack of choices. Is Iphone to blame?

I know that Sprint can't carry every phone out there.  But I must ask, why is Sprint not releasing any top teir Android phones now or the near future?  Verizon is releasing the HTC Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, and Droid Razr this month.  At&t has a new Galaxy phone, the Atrix 2, and the HTC Vivid they released this month.  And Sprint, it has a single core HTC Evo design.  It is easily half as powerful as the previous 6 phones I mentioned.  Whats the deal?

I know it is a big deal to get the Iphone.  But, you can't forget the fact that Android has been carrying you the last year.  It wasn't the Iphone that brought record sales last summer.  I don't want to be a harsh critic.  I have been with Sprint since 1998.  It just seems sad that nothing new is coming anytime before Christmas.

I am sure the Iphone is popular and sells well.  It isn't an android though.  Where is your Rezound or Razr?  Why is there no Galaxy Nexus on Sprint?

I am perfectly content with my EVO 3d.  I just want to make sure Sprint is around for the long haul.  It needs great devices to ooh and ahh customers to get there.  And 83 percent of those customers don't use Iphones.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

What about the new epic touch 4g, the photon 4g, these are not mid tier phones. They also just released the new evo design as well. I am not sure what you are referring to when it comes to lack of choice?

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes Sprint made a big commitment to Apple for the iPhone but there are also other things happening within Sprint that could be effecting the release of new Android devices. Network Vision and the introduction of the Sprint LTE network next year could have some bearing. Also Sprint historically hasn't really introduced many devices during the 4th quarter.

DD

I am an advocate for Sprint, in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

All I can say is 'stay tuned'! 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Wizard

Will, I remember it was about two years ago that you made a "WOW" post and it turned out you were soooo right on that one. Are you ready to say it again? Not to put you on the spot or anything but that one is hard to beat.

DD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, I think the Galaxy and Photon are fine phones.  But the fact is that faster phones with better screens and more memory are out now.  You might know the Photon is the same as the Atrix.  What you might not realize is the Atrix 2 is already out.  And the EVO 3d is a good phone.  But HTC has moved on to a new generation of phones even past that.

Wingland, care to PM me to let me be wowed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would love to see some more phone selections that aren't just the iPhone! I was checking out AT&T's lineup and they have a lot of really nice phones. I've seen some leaked ads on the internet of upcoming phones... but I haven't seen anything really impressive. I will say, though, that when I called to inquire about the iPhone on the day Apple announced it was coming to Sprint, the poor reps still hadn't heard anything official releases from Sprint, and couldn't comment on it-- poor things are really kept out of the loop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you're looking for competition for the iPhone, I think Sprint has the hardest-hitting, top-tier phone list of any of the major service providors out there. The only problem is that they have *no* current, top-tier sliders.

Think about this logically for a minute... do you *really* want a Droid 3 or Droid Bionic? The HTC EVO 3D, Motorola Photon and Samsung Epic Touch 4G are fantastic, top tier phones. You really only need two, current, top-tier phones to be competitive and to have enough options for those people who want to upgrade. Sprint has three, they all rock, and they are all from three of the best manufacturers out there.

The biggest issue is that we still have no recent, top-tier sliders for Android. If Sprint had a Samsung or HTC CURRENT, top-tier Android phone, I'd renew my two-year contract with them.

Now, the *downside* to all of this is that Sprint signed an insane, $20,000,000,000, four-year contract with Apple that is really *not* in shareholders' and/or users' best interest(s). Since *everybody* has the iPhone now, it's not like Sprint would stop hemorraging users for the iPhone if they didn't have it. In fact, now that they have so heavily invested *in* the iPhone, they may do worse given the market conditions and a lack of future phone variety.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat