cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koz files

Highlighted
Journeyman

Koz files

Ok I have had my hero for a while now and I want to know just how can sprint sell a device that can not use ALL of the sprint services. Now I am not going to rant but I spent a great deal of money for music on the sprint store and I can not use it because of a sprint Koz file. When I purchased my hero the reps told me that they could not see why sprint would sell a device that does not play its music. Anyway is there a app that i can use to listen to the sprint store music? And before someone says there are converters I think I have try some and they keep saying "unable to read format" any help would be nice.    Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Koz files

.koz files are DRM encrypted music files only playable by the music player on your previous phone.  There is no way to convert them to MP3 files.  There is no player on the Android that supports the DRM encryption on the .koz files.  You can continue to play the music you bought on your previous phone with your previous phone, even if it's not activated.

Sorry about that.

However, all music bought fromthe Amazon MP3 store on the Hero is _un_encrypted and can be played on any device that supports MP3 files.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont understand why sprint screws customers out of the music they purchase and the money. I dont belive that you should do that. If you are going to sell the music and make the customer purchase it you should make it in a format that is compatible with all phones and mp3 players. Customers like me that are now a former customer because sprint screws you out of your money like that. Its not fair and something should be done

Highlighted
Journeyman

What a nightmare !!!  There must be someway to play these files on a computer... Is Sprint this evil ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have this problem and it VERY much frustrates me for several reasons.

I tried to back up the files to the PC via Sprint's webpage when I first purchased

them.  However, it failed every time.  I was told numerous times over months when

I called customer support that they were not sure why this feature was not working,

but not to worry, that I will always be able to download it in the future when it was

finally working again.  I asked them to put that it writing on my file. Not sure if they

actually did or not.

Well, that was a long time ago, and I can no longer find that feature on

sprint's web page to try it again.  Now that I just upgraded my phone (Hero),

the music that I paid for the right to listen to is no longer accessable to me.

I think they owe us a way to convert them especially since this was a promised

feature (at the time of purchase) and specifically why I decided to purchase from

them in the first place.  Otherwise, I would have bought them somewhere else,

stored as mp3 and copied them over to the phone manually...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes... truly ridiculous.  I have no intention of ever downloading additional songs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

had same problem. they did give me a refund on most recent. dont lose them tho. maybe they will make an app later that we can use

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat