Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Player

Journeyman

Media Player

My EVO plays a very limited number of movie types. Does anyone know of a media player that plays .mkv, .mov, .avi and other popular formats?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

I am still kinda new to this android stuff and the best player I have found yet is called Rock Player. It plays most video types including divx, and xvid. It also plays flv files which is cool. Not sure if it will play mkv or not. It is currently in beta and free, so pick it up while you can. It is not currenlty available in the market, you will have to search, but it was not hard to find. It was in some forum and they had the download link. Note you have to have a floating point processor in your phone, like my EVO, for the program to work. Good luck.

Journeyman

This is an update to my earlier reply. Apparently Rock Player has been upgraged and is no longer in beta. It is now available on the market as well. It pretty much plays every file format, including mkv. They want you to pay for it now, but it does have an add supported free version. No worries either cause the ads go away in full screen. For the Evo you will want to download the the ARM V7 version of the program. Still loving it, and still probalby the best video player on android.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat