cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages App resize photos for MMS??? (post MR)

Highlighted
Wizard

Messages App resize photos for MMS??? (post MR)

Question to anyone that hasn't upgraded yet and may still be using the stock messages application.....or to anyone that might know.

Now when we pick a photo from our camera shots to send via MMS with the stock Messages application, it won't resize the photo to send via MMS?  I thought it did this originally?  Maybe I am too used to Handcent, which resizes the photos very nicely to send along.  Chime in if you remember this doing it or it being smart enough to know to resize the image.  It is back to handcent for me until this can be solved.  What a jip, I was looking forward to the extra couple of MBs of room.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Messages App resize photos for MMS??? (post MR)

mmark27 wrote:

Question to anyone that hasn't upgraded yet and may still be using the stock messages application.....or to anyone that might know.

Now when we pick a photo from our camera shots to send via MMS with the stock Messages application, it won't resize the photo to send via MMS?  I thought it did this originally?  Maybe I am too used to Handcent, which resizes the photos very nicely to send along.  Chime in if you remember this doing it or it being smart enough to know to resize the image.  It is back to handcent for me until this can be solved.  What a jip, I was looking forward to the extra couple of MBs of room.

I don't think that it did. I remember "having" to use Handcent to send an MMS of a photo I took when I first got the phone because I got the file too large message, but Handcent auto re-sized with no issue. I'm almost certain of this.

Journeyman

Re: Messages App resize photos for MMS??? (post MR)

I am having the same problem, can't send a picture that I take with the camera because it says the file is too large!!!??  Any setting's that I need to change on the camera??  I have been cropping photo's via Abode photoshop for mobile to get the picture to a smaller file size.  After I crop photo's they are small enough to send via stock message app on phone.  It's very annoying to have to do this extra step or use a 3rd party message app to be able to send pictures via MMS!  Wasn't the case with my old Instinct or any other phone on the market!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat