cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moment vs Hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moment vs Hero?

I want to purchase either the Moment or Hero for my son (starting college) for his birthday. What do you recommend? They seem very similar.

Thanks for sharing!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Moment vs Hero?

They both have great features. The Hero has more widgets and programs available for the phone. The Moment has a better screen (since samsung is good at LEDs). The Moment has a physical keyboard too. Its more of a personal preference. Personally - The Hero. HTC has more quality in there mobile devices then Sansung. And HTC has plans to upgrade the Hero to 2.1. At this time Samsung has not posted anything officially for the android update. I say Hero!

Journeyman

I just got the HERO, myself.  So far only a couple of minor complaints.  All but one are being fixed in the coming update, however.  As for which is better.  I have a friend who has the MOMENT and they love it.  The HTC phone is a bit more customizable I think, particularly with the HTC SenseUI.  One of the bigger deciding issues seems to be the keyboard for a lot of folks from what I understand.  Some prefer the physical slide out keyboard, I prefer the screen keyboard.  In my opinion, it's quite functional and reduces the bulkiness of the phone overall.

Also, right now the phone is $99 at Best Buy...  $49 if you happen to live in the same town I do.    Call your local Best Buy and see what deals they have to offer if you're going to go that route.

Message was edited by: darii

Journeyman

I had to make that choice last month when upgrading from my Instinct.  I went with the Moment because of the physical keyboard.  That was the pain point of the Instinct was that the keyboard ended up taking over the screen every time I had to enter anything.  I'll probably never got with a touchscreen-only keyboard again.  It's really a personal preference since some people don't care.  It's either save size or get a keyboard.  I went with functional speed and comfort over a little pocket room.  The moment has a faster processor as well, but I'm not sure it's noticeable for most users.

Journeyman

I have the Hero and my Hubby was looking into getting the Moment for his upgrade but went with the HERO instead.

Hero has SenseUI customizable scenes, and 7 screens, and multitouch (pinch to zoom)

You can synch it to your computer and back up everything on it.

5 mp camera (Moment has only 3 but it does have flash )

It has flash lite on it so you can go to real web pages and not just the mobile version of it, (even my brothers iphone does not have this capability)

Hero is smaller and lighter

On another note, the Monment does have a physical keyboard, but all in all it is still a SAMUSUNG and from him going from an Instinct.....we just don't trust the SAMSUNG Brand anymore

Message was edited by: tiffers1982

Journeyman

I've got the Hero and I think it's great!
However, things to consider:

1.  Moment has a physical keyboard

2.  While I have gotten used to a touch-only keyboard, the Hero seems to be pressure and heat sensitive on touch.  Meaning there's no clicking around onscreen like some of the older phones that used a stylus.  While no stylus is good (because you can't lose it) this seems to be an issue if your hands aren't warm (outside in colder weather) or for women who like to click on the screen with their fingernails (which will not work on this phone).

Like I said, perfect for me but not for everyone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat