cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q issues after update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola Photon Q issues after update

I downloaded and installed the latest update two days ago and I have not been able to run downloaded apps since. An app will start to load but close before actually opening and running. The phone keeps undoing my settings also. I set it to never vibrate and it resets and vibrates constantly. I turn off predictive text/auto correct and it turns it back on. I turn off notifications, it turns them back on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Motorola Photon Q issues after update

That sounds like a system preference file got corrupted while being converted to the new software version. The only way to fix it if that 's the case is to reset the phone. This will revert all settings back to the factory defaults and remove all csutomeization to the phone (this customization is likely where the corruption started).

Weird issues liek this are fairly common with all Android models after major software upgrades. A side effect of maintaining your information when updating is that same info could cause an issue after being converted over. 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Motorola Photon Q issues after update

I was afraid of that Thank you for the information though

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat