cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Sucks???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Navigation Sucks???

I live about 40 miles from Washington D.C. and work about 10 miles from D.C. and the HTC Hero can never get GPS.  "No GPS, please move to open area"  What the heck does that mean?  How much more open could I be, a 45 mile stretch near the nation's capital and no GPS.  This phone has been a major disappointment.  Should have gone with the iPhone.

The navigation is turned on and the settings appear to be correct from the 100+ page manual but no GPS?

Good luck!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Navigation Sucks???

I have had the phone since it came out and have never gotten that message.  I use it all day long since I drive for a living and works great.  Maybe there is a problem with that perticular phone.

Journeyman

Yup! Sprint navigation sucks! I get the same message in the middle of Los Angeles on two different heroes. But Google maps is able to pinpoint my location.   Too bad that this phone has too many flaws. And too bad for me that I have to wait for one year to get another phone. Oh yeah, the keyboard and the browser (even on WiFi) are super super super slow. Did I say super?

Journeyman

twiztiid wrote:

I have had the phone since it came out and have never gotten that message.  I use it all day long since I drive for a living and works great.  Maybe there is a problem with that perticular phone.

Same here. I've NEVER had a problem with my GPS, it even gets a lock while I'm inside.

And you might wanna check your settings if your keyboard is slow. Things like haptic feedback and the autocorrect could possibly be slowing it down. Mine keeps up with me. But then again, mine seemed to get faster when I removed all of the Sprint Apps (except Navigation). Before, it still wasn't slow though.

Journeyman

I never have had the problem either. Mine works great. Just a question for you two that aren't having success. Do you have your phone connected to the WiFi? I know there's an option to connect your phone to a different type of internet than it uses when you first get it.     

Journeyman

I have seen that issue when Nav thinks your GPS is turned on but it really isn't. Make sure it is on.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat