cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Favorite Contacts

Journeyman

Need Help with Favorite Contacts

So this is my issue. Inside my favorite contacts, I have 1 person in it. When looking at my favorite contact, I press her name/pic and it then takes me to the next screen and it shows, call mobile, or text. It is like within the favorites, I am linking her contact card, not a specific task for the contact.

I then add someone else to my favorites and now it is making me choose an option such as call mobile or text. What I am looking to do is within my favorites, add the contact card such as I did for my first favorite I selected not a tasks to perform.

What I am doing is loading the peoples widget and that way when I click on a contact, it wont go directly to call or text, it will open up the contact and let me choose what task to do.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I did it once but now everytime I add someone to my fav, it makes me add the task with it such as call jim mobile or text jim. No idea on how to just link it to contact card.

Thanks

Message was edited by: aulkyle

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Need Help with Favorite Contacts

I'd also like help with this specific issue. From what I have noticed from online screenshots, there is a version of people, perhaps just for the UK Hero, which gives you the option of going directly to a favorite persons contact info from the widget OR going to your preferred mode of contact.

The version of people I have only has a single icon.. if you click it it goes to the preferred mode of contact directly. Annoying when you just want to go to their contact info and choose which mode yourself.

Any help?

-J

Wizard

I don't know about using Favorite contacts, but if you hit the + in the lower left of the home screen and click Shortcut > Person you can selcect someone and then do view contact. This will put a little link on your home page where you can jump to their contact card.

Journeyman

Actually, if you go to the people widget and instead of clicking on the picture of your contact, click on the grey name portion just below their picture. That should take you to their contact info page.

Message was edited by: ralcantara

Journeyman

Yup. That worked with me! I was getting confused and annoyed because when I first pressed the picture, it gave me the options for what to do with that contact. Ever since then, pressing the picture the same way auto-calls. And that was confusing, inconsistent, and annoying.  But I think it's just trying to auto-do what your last action was?  In any case, just clicking on the grey name plate below the picture gets me the options consistently, every time.  Thanks for that tip!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat