cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HTC Android coming to Sprint Feb 24th

Highlighted
Journeyman

New HTC Android coming to Sprint Feb 24th

I debated about posting this since it’s “supposed to be a rumor”, but thought I should so those that might be looking to get an android on Sprint know about it.

I spoke with a customer service agent (he called me) the other day and we spoke about the HTC Hero. I told him my brother is joining my plan next month and is looking at the Samsung Moment.  I then asked if there were going to be any new android devices coming in the next month or two and if my bro should wait.  He said a new HTC android will be releasing on Feb 24th.  According to him, it's like the Hero in that it's a full touch-screen, but is better and is minus a trackball.  Asked about price and he said it’ll be more expensive than the Hero and Moment so you can’t do a straight exchange if you purchase one of those now and switch to the new one in 30 days.

He was very interested in getting me to commit to the new HTC even going as far as scheduling a phone call reminder for Feb 27th.  Why would he do this if it was just a rumor?  Anyways, food for thought if you’re looking for android on Sprint.

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: New HTC Android coming to Sprint Feb 24th

First I've heard ANYTHING (including rumor sites) on a firm date for the next major Android release at Sprint.

Could be HTC Bravo or Passion form factor.  Seems unlikely that 4G Supersonic release will be this early.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/01/25/leaked-htc-bravo-looks-like-a-nexus-one-with-more-htc/

Somehow I doubt they release a new top Android phone to Sprint before they upgrade the others to 2.1 (unless it's all on the same day).  Watch them price it at $299 (not for me).

Of course something new will always come along.  I'm just blowing smoke myself....

Journeyman

Forgot to mention that before I hug up with the rep he said "Now all this I told you is just a rumor."  This was after he scheduled the reminder call for the 27th of Feb.  I hadn't heard anything before this either.  I'm kicking myself now because I forgot to ask if it'll have 2.1 installed.  Damn, lol.  Take it for what it's worth though.  I'm not claiming it's true, just what I heard from a Sprint rep trying to sell me a phone.

Journeyman

I guess we'll find out tomorrow if this was true or not.

Journeyman

you would think HTC would have anounced something prior to releasing it. Plus Engadge or some other site would have posted something by now.

Journeyman

It will be a very nice surprise if something happens tomorrow but I doubt it.  As others have pointed out.  Usually somebody would have found something out by now. The only breaking news I've seen so far is the Legend clearing the FCC...  and I just don't see that materializing tomorrow. 

Journeyman

This date is not accurate. When news is available a Sprint official release will be published in this forum.

Journeyman

izzyks wrote:

This date is not accurate. When news is available a Sprint official release will be published in this forum.

Are we more or less within 30 days of that date?  Sorry!  I know you can't really answer, but I couldn't pass that up?

Journeyman

I was thinking the same thing!  Maybe the date is sometime in June.

Journeyman

No sprint CSR is given that information. I have a friend and her mom is a regional VP and she doesn't even get that kind of info until a few days before a phone release date. Also I often talk with one of sprints districts 4G account reps and he doesn't even get that info until the day before release dates. I seriously doubt any CSR at a callcenter would have that kind of information. But if this somehow happens don't expect anything 1Ghz.

Journeyman

I don't think any release will occur before the Las Vegas event at the end of March. Don't hold your breath too long.

Journeyman

This is such a bogus 'story'. Your chain of events aren't even coherent nor do they make sense.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat