cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus on Going to T-Mobile Now and Verizon in the Spring... No word about Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus on Going to T-Mobile Now and Verizon in the Spring... No word about Sprint.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus on Going to T-Mobile Now and Verizon in the Spring... No word about Sprint.

sigh, how can Sprint not see the momentum with these high end phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus on Going to T-Mobile Now and Verizon in the Spring... No word about Sprint.

I'm also very disappointed that Sprint continues to be the major carrier without a truly high-end, desirable device.  AT&T has the iPhone, Verizon has the Droid... and soon the Nexus One, and T-Mobile is the launch partner for the Nexus One.  I really want to stay with Sprint, since their plans are fantastic, but if they don't release a compelling device (good form factor, snapdragon processor, Android 2.0+), I'm seriously going to consider other carriers, no matter how good my current plan with Sprint is. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really hope that Sprint's announcement tomorrow is something better than this or I have a feeling more people will be jumping ship.

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah, I also have to chime in and say WTF Sprint?  I guess Verizon and T-Mobile dumped a ton of money into Google for this opportunity.  I thought for sure that if it would be a CDMA handset, Sprint would at least take a shot at it.  I was surprised when I saw that it was going to be a CDMA handset at all.  Doesn't matter too much, it only matters to me what is available on October 9th, 2010....hopefully a root will tide me over until then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

somehow at this point I won't be surprised if Sprint announces support for another lame palm phone tomorrow instead of something worth while.  Don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of seeing Sprints advertising dollars wasted on that junk that no one wants.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We were just discussing this in another thread.

I just watched the entire Google webcast/announcement. They will be partnering with Verizon in the Spring. it is even mentioned on the www.google.com/phone  web store.

The good news is that Google/HTC will be making a CDMA version of the phone.

Google is not RIMM, we do not have the Storm 2 because Verizon can push RIMM around. I doubt Verizon is making such demands with Google and would be very surprised if they have any kind of US-CDMA exclusivity deal.

I have no idea what Sprint has to do to partner with Google/HTC for that device, but from a hardware standpoint, they are all set.

Journeyman

With exclusivity on their only truly unique and exceptional phone (the Pre) about to run out, i can't see how Sprint is going to limp through 2010 as anything except a dying company hemorrhaging customers and straggling behind its competitors picking up the pre-paid dregs. (of course, they could totally stage a coup and announce the first windows 7 phone with wimax for flair at their "must-attend event" which coupled with their any-mobile-any-time policy would actually make them dare i say it...awesome)

Message was edited by: usrfrnly

Highlighted
Journeyman

i think sprint just needs a better line up of phones...like the nexus..or the iphone.if they do it would be a smart move for them

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat