cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification LED - green vs. orange blinking

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notification LED - green vs. orange blinking

On my past Windows Mobile phones, I think they did a great job thinking through notifications. I'm finding the opposite on the Hero/Android. For example we know the notification light on the Hero is capable of producing both orange and green.

On Windows Mobile the notification light would blink green for new emails and blink orange for more important stuff (txt, voicemail, missed call, meeting notice). This helps greatly so you don't have to turn your phone on to check to see what happened.

Does anybody know how to configure this on Android/Hero? I'm coming up with nothing.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Notification LED - green vs. orange blinking

I wish I had a answer for that. But I too would like to see a fix for it.  The blinking green for all missed items is nice but I would like the orange better.  Also I would like the blinking light to stay on longer than 5 minutes.

Journeyman

Dude download the app, missed call, or like handcent SMS or something and it will help you control what led's pop up for what notifications, at least it worked on my android G1

Journeyman

srandradejr wrote:

Dude download the app, missed call, or like handcent SMS or something and it will help you control what led's pop up for what notifications, at least it worked on my android G1

On the G1 you could change the LED color for various notifications etc., sadly the Hero cannot...

Journeyman

Oh I'm sorry, I don't have a Hero, but thought that maybe it'd have that capability and I'd be able to help out

Journeyman

Even with the handcent  app. downloaded i couldn't control the color of the LED light the maker of the handcent application explained to me that  only the HTC company would be able to fix this problem and yes I have the HTC  hero which i love

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat