cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Android Update Late Feb Early Mar?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OTA Android Update Late Feb Early Mar?!

Just got done talking to a tech support 'supervisor' about the problems I am having with the Samsung Moment aka random Airplane mode, random data network drops, and signal drop while using wifi. He claims that the update to a newer ver of the android platform is NOT up to them. Its up to Google and Samsung/HTC to get it working on those phones before they can push it out OTA.

He also said that the update to 2.1 is slated for late Feb early March, and that it is going to be OTA. Also that the Moment is more likely to get the update first as Samsung's Touch interface is less complicated (read: Not as good, but I gotta have my physical keyboard) than the HTC's Sense.

Can anyone confirm this? This would be fantastic as I am sick and tired of the problems with 1.5 cupcake cl14. Phone is a load of potential and problems and I really dont want to go back to my old phone but I will if my 30 days run out before this update comes.

Message was edited by: xiaolinstyle

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: OTA Android Update Late Feb Early Mar?!

By their own admission the date is "Hopefully by early 2Q2010"  Meaning Pre June 30th, Post March 31st.

Journeyman

yes and i have seen those statements. it just seems unlikely that the tech support supervisor i talked to would have anything to gain by lying to me. what purpose would that serve aside from assuring that i would out him and possibly cancel my service. so while im not holding my breath it does seem like their is at least the possibility that an update could come sooner than 2q. its not like we didnt disscus the offical release time line but he made a point of saying from what he could see it looked that their was to be an update within the next few weeks

Wizard

We are getting closer. Sprint expects to upgrade from Android 1.5 directly to 2.1 by early in the second quarter of 2010. For those who already have an Android phone, we are currently working through the options for upgrades with the manufacturing partners.

Journeyman

So basically SprintCares is saying what has been said on this site for a little while.  No Update until after March 30 th (the last day of 1Q) and they have no idea how they are going to do the update, and nothing any service rep (see all the problems people on here have had with them) says in going to change that.

On one hand I appreciate the effort SprintCares, on the other it would reduce your liklihood of developing carpal tunnel if you just linked to the same thing being said by Sprint employees all over this forum.  It is just a bit frustrating to hear nothing new.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat