cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

173 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

I don't know of any app that does that persay. MyBackUp Pro will back up your play lists, along with everything else, though. Personally, I created my play lists in m3u format and stored t hem on the SD Card, right along with the music. Android will import the m3u play lists without an issue. So, when I swap my SD Card into a new phone, my play lists and music come in one chip

Journeyman

I don't know of any app that does that persay. MyBackUp Pro will back up your play lists, along with everything else, though. Personally, I created my play lists in m3u format and stored t hem on the SD Card, right along with the music. Android will import the m3u play lists without an issue. So, when I swap my SD Card into a new phone, my play lists and music come in one chip

Journeyman

I don't know of any app that does that persay. MyBackUp Pro will back up your play lists though. Personally, I created my play lists in m3u format and stored t hem on the SD Card, right along with the music. Android will import the m3u play lists without an issue. So, when I swap my SD Card into a new phone, my play lists and music come in one chip

Journeyman

Music Playlist App ?

Is there a playlist application so when I replace my phone I can access the same playlist?  Appreciate the help.

Journeyman

Why worry about the warranty when its only 1 year warranty and if you have insurance it will cover the damage especially if Sprint did the downloading for you like I had done at the Sprint Store.

What anybody has to worry if they did the downloading in the wrong way.

The Android 2.1 update is awesome, the phone is running like the iphone and faster then before. Just a reminder if you had spare parts app. on the phone before you will not need it now with the new update 2.1 because it might conflict because the update is faster and has some same features and better then spare parts app. The new camera feature is great and you can zoom in when you take a picture by double tapping the screen.

Message was edited by: fasteddie0717

Journeyman

Anybody else got this problem: When trying to download anything from the marked, the usual Do you agree this and this program will access that blablabla, etc....   I then get the msg my download has started, but nothing happens. Restarted, took the battery in and out tried thru wifi and regular 3G but zero, nada, zilch! Just sits there and acts as if downloading but nothing gets downloaded.... very strange . Browser and Messaging working without a prob. Any suggestions highly welcomed. - Moment after 2.1 update. Thanx in advance

Message was edited by: Crash27

Journeyman

I just spent the better part of 5 hours with Sprint trying to find out if the "leaked" version was the final version. According to Sprint Advanced support, a few hours ago they believed it was. However, that has changed. They are now looking at a target date of June 4 to release a final version. So, this basically means that, Sprint did not sign off on this "leaked version"

Journeyman

Seems 2.1 for the Hero has been released for those ready to flash their own roms.

http://bit.ly/dqyXfF

Journeyman

I am not sure if everyone is keeping up with the twitters about the leaked HTC Hero 2.1 release or not but it is out there. I decided to call Sprint to find out if this was the official release or not and they just have dropped the ball like they did yesterday with the Samsung Moment update that was not officially released until today.

The Sprint person while very helpful could not let me know anything other than 1. His supervisor stated that it should be out by May 16th 2. The version that is out there is unofficial and if you put it on your phone you do so at your own risk. I suggested that they inform thierf customers via the forums and twitter of this issue or face the wrath of angry customers that call in. According to this person they stated that they were waiting on HTC for the official update. So I called HTC to find out if this leaked update is the real thing. The person at HTC stated that official notice should have been giving to us the customers this week on Monday at least that is what Sprint emailed them and stated they were doing. Regardless the person at HTC said that Sprint had the official version and that HTC was just waiting on Sprint to put it up on there site for downloading. HTC person said that Sprint had to sign off on it. MY problem is this someone is lieing somewhere and it is making customers VERY unhappy. If the leak is the official on then why on earth have they not posted it yet?

My problem is also who is it that 2 communications companies lack in communication with thier customers?

****************************************UPDATE******************

Just go toff Advance Tech Support with Sprint who just confirmed with me that they recieved the official HTC Hero update no more then 1.5 hours ago and that the androidcentral.com website does infact have the official release that and that is should be up on Sprint website within the next 24 hours. So for those of you that are not willing to wait the official release of the Hero 2.1 is at the androidcentral.com website http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-htc-hero-android-21-software-leaked

My above mentioned complants are still in effect though how is it that 2 communications companies don't get the info out before it is leaked unofficially?

Message was edited by: allanon6880

Journeyman

No it doesn't support it