Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

Hello Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that Sprint continues to work closely with Samsung and HTC to deliver the highly anticipated Android 2.1 upgrade for Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. We are on track for the upgrade to be available in Q2.   Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now - we thank our customers for their patience as we work to bring them a positive experience with this upgrade.

173 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Official Sprint Statement: Android 2.1

IzzyMO wrote:

Sprint continues to work closely with Samsung and HTC to deliver the highly anticipated Android 2.1 upgrade for Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. We are on track for the upgrade to be available in Q2.   Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now - we thank our customers for their patience as we work to bring them a positive experience with this upgrade.

A little too late for a "positive experience". 

Journeyman

Thank you for some type of announcement. But this is way to little way to late. Still is not anything new, other then you no longer are saying early Q2. Which means Sprint fails......................again. Kinda fits right into the whole after the EVO thing. Izzy, my frustration is not directed toward you personally.

Message was edited by: Dgskydive

Journeyman

Thanks for the update Izzy!!!

Journeyman

Thanks Izzy!!!  Wish they would've let ya say something earlier.

Journeyman

Dgskydive wrote:

Thank you for some type of announcement. But this is way to little way to late. Still is not anything new, other then you no longer are saying early Q2. Which means Sprint fails......................again. Kinda fits right into the whole after the EVO thing.

I just received another call from the Sprint Executive people about my complaints. I voiced my opinion about this and I was told that they can not release it until they get it from HTC. This was after they read the scripted "official statement" to me. So we have a case of the blame game going on. I told them that my contract is up in June and I will be going with the Nexus one so I don't have to wait to get my updates from a middle man (or men). They asked if there was anything that they can do to keep me and I said assure me that this will not happen with the EVO where I have to wait months for software updates. Needless to say they could not keep me as a customer.

Journeyman

Well you can join me in July, when I smash my Hero with a hammer, box it up and send it to Dan Hesse. I will make sure to take pics and video with my new iPhone and post them here and in the HTC forums.

Journeyman

They didn't say anything different than before. Just worded it differently.

Android update! Upgrades to 2.1 for Hero/Moment now expected early 2Q10. Currently working through options for upgrades w/ HTC and Samsung.

Journeyman

I read this statement and became utterly... disappointed. Minutes later I get an email containing my Sprint bill.

Bad timing.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Executive & Regulatory  Services.  She was trying to place the blmae on everyone but Sprint, but she did seem understanding.  She says they will not miss the deadline, but we were debating what that deadline was.  She seemed to think early 2Q was not a Sprint thing, but something from somewhere else. 

What I have requested from her is should they miss the May 15th deadline, which this most recent tweet issenuates they will, Sprint shall issue an apology via Facebook and Twitter.  She said she does not have the authority for such a decision but will explore it with those that do.  I also requested that be able to reserve the right to request a full refund on my phone should they miss the June 30th dealine.  She says that point is moot as they will not, but that I am free to call back.

So not much really, but an apology for their lack of communication will be worth it. I wonder how many people saw Bob Johnson's e-mail on the since deleted post and wrote to him.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.