cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power management thread

Highlighted
Wizard

Power management thread

So, I want to start a roll of people's procedures for conserving a bit of battery power.  If you all have noticed, all applications run in the background, which is nice if you are doing a lot, but not so nice if you want to save the battery for a while.

I have downloaded "TasKiller" from the Market and have been using that with some success.  After I open and mess with a few application, I head in there and shut down the process.....such as "Browser", "Mail", etc. but Don't shut down HTC Touch, otherwise your phone reboots.  It still will update your mail and do all that it needs to do.

What are other people's procedures?  Do you find my acceptable?  Is this unncessary?  Do you have alternatives?  We should try to come to a quorum of what is the most efficient use of power consumption.

(as an aside, this phone is AMAZING.  I love everything about it and haven't hardly put it down.  I have also converted two iphone users on the spot yesterday....they went to the Sprint store, yes on the 10th, and they rang up two Heroes even though it was a day early)

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Power management thread

I have Task Manager1.10.6 for killing apps. One screen to the right I have a 1 X 3 people widget for frequently called people and next to that I have my BT, WiFi, Airplane & GPS switches.

Thats pretty much it for power management for me.

Journeyman

Try the following web site, it has been very helpful: go to gamaze.com then search for blog " Improve battery life for the android based HTC Hero Smart Phone".

Journeyman

When i went to get my phone on Sunday, the sprint rep told me to log in to MARKET PLACE and do a search for ADVANCE TASK KILLER, it is a free app and works well, it keeps the battery running longer! =D

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat