cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection Plan - Is it common?

Journeyman

Protection Plan - Is it common?

Just wanted to know if any of you signed up for the $7 a month protection plan for the Hero? I have two phones and $14 a month is a lot to pay so I did not sign up for it.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Protection Plan - Is it common?

I think its worth it, you have to take in to account how you treat your phone. How many phones have you broken in your lifetime? Do you plan on tweeking your phone with the possibility of bricking it?

I signed up for it for just that reason. I figure once I start digging into the guts of the phone I will eventually brick it. Even though i know certain things arent covered under warranty, its always easier when you have insurance on your phone and have an insider..

Wizard

I did the plan for this phone and my wife's Blackberry.  There is a dedecutible for damaged phones though, like $50 or $100, if it is not normal wear and tear or electrical.  Best buy offers a plan for $10 a month and there is no deductible....but more expensive in the long run.  I just don't want to have to pay full price if something happens to this beloved little phone.  My 25% employer discount pretty much nullifies the insurance for me, so it was a no brainer.

Journeyman

ah!

I have been pretty good with phones and have never needed it in the past but this phone is way more dear to me than the other ones. Since sprint is letting us buy a new phone after one year, I am inclined not to get it.

it is $50.00 for a non-smart phone and $100.00 for a smart phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat