cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM that works?

Highlighted

ROM that works?

So I rooted my phone few days ago out of curiosity and to be able to make it run faster..... now kinda fed up with the wait for official 2.1 and want to know out of all the 1000 custom ROMs out there if there is one ROM that I can install until new release and be able to use all the functionalities on Hero?

Your help is much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

You're in the wrong place.  Rooting and loading custom ROM's voids you warranty with Sprint, and plus, I doubt you will get any help with that in this forum.  My advice is for you to visit xda-developers.com they have all the answers for you my friend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would strongly suggest that you wait.  Rooting doesn't just "possibly" void your warranty.  In order to get the official working update from the manufacturer later on, you have to re-flash your phone which may or may not work.  In other words, you could end up with a very high priced paperweight and have to purchase a new phone at full price.  An "official" Sprint ROM has already been leaked but it is still in testing phases or we'd already have it.  And yes, it still has problems.  Notice the update 1 after the firmware version.  That pretty much means, if you're not authorized to test it by Sprint and it blows up...  You're on your own.

leak.JPG

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat