ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT 2.1 update, Sprint Stalling for the EVO realese

Journeyman

SPRINT 2.1 update, Sprint Stalling for the EVO realese

Ok I work for Radio Shack and i know a lot of Sprint authorized personnel, and i was told by them that their not releasing 2.1 to the Hero or the Moment because it might loose their sales in HTC EVO, which does not make any sense at all, because the people who have a hero or mement they cant upgrade to the EVO untill later next year, and the people who wants the EVO are NOT going to go to the hero nor the moment just because they updated to 2.1 none of my contacts could say they liked this decision sprint made, but that's what their doing, once its close to EVO comming out, they would be more then happy to realese 2.1 for everyone. NOW that BULL SH^& because the people who love and have the moment or hero are waiting since November... and they have been waiting patiently and have grown 4 to 9 gray hairs in the mean time from sprints promising their 2.1 update...

I love sprint, i love their phones, i love their cheap and awesome plans but come on we went the 2.1 for moment and hero, so Sprint stop thinking people are not going to the EVO just because the hero and moment are updating to the 2.1....!

AMR

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: SPRINT 2.1 update, Sprint Stalling for the EVO realese

I work for Radio Shack also our Sprint rep never said that. But hey I was one that didn't belive that Sprint would stoop to that level! But after yesterday I have to say it Probably is true. there going to find a way to push that EVO on everyone. hell not even in a 4g market and prob wont be for years. so it noting more then a 3G phone to me.

Journeyman

I bought the HTC Hero about 5 months ago as we were told that the upgrade to 2.0 was being released soon. Then Sprint changes that and announces that they aren't releasing 2.0 but skiping to 2.1. Come on Sprint get with the program! People like to keep up with technology not to be left in the dust.  I could care less about the EVO as it doesn't do me any good as I bought my Hero recently and I can't upgrade for awhile. I just want to get the current technology for my existing phone. The EVO release will not make me want to change phones, or is it that Sprint is not going to release the 2.1 for the Hero and Samsung at all? Why would someone buy an EVO when Sprint can't even keep up with the  current technology on phones that the already have on the market. Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't get a DROID from Verizon....other than Sprint has better plans.  But hey, I would have the 2.1 update already and not waiting till someone decided that it would be better to wait for the release of another phone. This is RIDICULOUS!!!

Journeyman

Oh boy, ANOTHER thread complaining about the 2.1 update!

Journeyman

ha ha ha were not complaining, were just discussing... lol and what r u? a sprint employee?

Journeyman

Well, if you had been around for, say a week, you might have seen a few of my posts. And then you wouldn't be flaming me.

I am referring to the fact that all you newbies can't seem to keep your comments/complaints/information relegated to a few on-topic posts. When each of you get on this forum, you feel compelled to start a new post, as if you must be the very first one to come up with the idea.

If you spent any amount of time on this (or any other) forum, you would soon realize that spreading these complaints/comments/information around in tens of threads, results in your comments getting buried by the next newbie who starts a new thread commenting about the very same thing.

If you were courteous, you would realize that I was attempting to let you newbies express yourself without the thread getting lost among the tens of other 2.1 update threads on this forum. I suggest you try your luck on a forum like AndroidForum and see what kind of response you get there with a Sprint employee flame like yours.

Master

Also as a representative of Sprint(even if it is just sales) you are starting a rumor that is NOT FACT. In no way is Sprint holding back 2.1 just to increase sales of the EVO.

Journeyman

Perhaps you should have not CHIMED IN. Your post adds nothing to THIS conversation about which is very clear to all save yourself (evidently). How about contributing something useful to the conversation rather than this one liner about your impatience about "another thread" about the 2.1 update.

Don't bother replying, your posts are clearly a waste of our time. 

As for the DELAY of Android 2.1 I could see where the contract with Android may be subject to issues on Androids side. Is is possible that Sprint is BEING delayed?

In the end...if Sprint says we will have something by a certain time...we should have it BY that date...no later without a FORMAL explanation sent to Android Users explaining the delay.

Sprint is a SERVICE company, and should provide service to their paying customers.

Bad business policy STILL persists with Sprint.

Jest.

Journeyman

uhhh wow you guys, i didint  think i hit that many buttons, all i wanted to do like in a community like this is what i herd is what i wanted to discuss... well thanks for all you guy's comaments and explentions... i cant wait till it comes out, i already played with one of the sprint employees hero which he dowloaded in androidcentral.com and it was awesome, so i cant wait... and for you people who say that they will leave sprint to go to verizon... good luck, good luck paying sooo much for sooo little.... thanks everyone!

Journeyman

nope im not "flaming" you at all... all i said and thought that you were a sprint employee... sorry... but ur right there are a lot of subjects and talk about over the 2.1 issues... i just cant belive what i he srd and could not be possible true, of that sprint delaying, but yea, i read ur... uh about a week post, thanks

Journeyman

a rumor? started a rumor? i did no such thing, all i said was i heard it, i never said it was true, and i said IF it was that would of been lame because people are with their phones for another year... i am glad your a sprint employee and telling us this would be a false statement, and there is no way that their stalling the process because of the Evo, its because of its bugs their trying to fix... so my bad didint mean to start anything... im sorry love sprint always will and thanks Lev

Journeyman

There probably is a lot of truth in this, actually.  Isn't it rather convienent that they keep pushing back this update one or two weeks at a time, and now it's estimated release date is more or less around the same time as the expected Evo roll out?  Sprint doesn't give a crap about any it's customers - that's been shown again and again.  And yes, they would stoop to this level.... and frankly, they have before.  Once the Evo comes out, it will overshadow all of the 2.1 ranting and complaints for the older phones, and we'll be forced to buy their product again -- or suffer the wrath of outdated software.

The Droid Eris is getting a software update any day now, and it has the exact same insides at the Hero (pretty much).

People -- I implore you.  If you want "on-time" software upgrades for your device: SWITCH CARRIERS.  Sprint will NEVER provide this for you, and you'll just feel let down again after any purchase you make.  There's a reason they are cheaper than the rest.

Message was edited by: infamousatl

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat