cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Please please please please tell me Sprint is getting this phone in 2011!!!! I don't care if LTE doesn't come until the 1H 2012 I just want the phone on my current carrier of choice.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I agree the LTE hardly matters.  I'd rather be able to get the phone now if LTE comes it does if not I still have the best android handset

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I couldn't agree more. Would love to see the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint, and the LTE is not a factor in that. Unfortunately, I believe that Sprint has taken such a big gamble on getting the iPhone, they may put most of their interest around that, and we may miss out on some of the better Android devices. I really hope I am wrong, but I just can't shake the feeling.

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Yeah I wish they wouldnt put all of their eggs in one basket all the time thats how they loose customers even if it means gaining new ones retention matters as well, I much prefer options

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Don't hold your breath on the Galaxy Nexus coming to Sprint......

I see a few problems with that.

Sprint does not have either LTE or HSPA+ networks, but they do plan to deploy a 4G LTE network in mid-2012 for some markets with nationwide coverage to be fulfilled by the end of 2013.

What does this mean? Any one or combination of the following:

1. Sprint will not be offering the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But don't worry, the NEXUS is only the first in a slew of devices Samsung will launch on 2012.
  2. Sprint could get a WiMAX version, but it will take more time.
  3. Sprint will not be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus until its LTE network is launched. So either mid 2012 or even as late as 2013.
  4. Sprint might get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon, but without 4G until its LTE network is launched. Highly doubtful scenario, they want you to pay for that LTE data plan.
  5. Samsung/Google just forgot to mention it, and the WiMAX version is coming, but no one knows when.
Highlighted
Journeyman

sandtrapjack wrote:

Don't hold your breath on the Galaxy Nexus coming to Sprint......

What does this mean? Any one or combination of the following:

1. .

2. Sprint might get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon, but without 4G until its LTE network is launched. Highly doubtful scenario, they want you to pay for that LTE data plan.

I'll hold my breath - for a little while...   http://phandroid.com/2011/10/21/samsung-galaxy-nexus-will-see-a-sprint-release/

About paying for the LTE data plan (#4 in your list), Sprint will be happy to charge you the extra $10 regardless of whether your device is capable of getting it or not - like the $10 extra charge for "Premium data" on the iphone.. 

or the premium data charge for all 4G devices whether or not you have 4G coverage or not.... so, that scenario is just as likely as the other ones!

Journeyman

Yeah they actually charge this to all smart phones now.  If you had a plan before they made this change they dont charge you unless you change the phone on your account.  I had to switch from my Hero to a Pixi for a bit and they began charging me the $10/month when I made the switch to the Pixi

Journeyman

I would take it using just 3G until LTE is rolled out. I only have a HTC Hero, and chances are I won't have 4G Wimax coverage anyway, so give me the Nexus!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

The new Galaxy Nexus JUST became available for purchase TODAY (Maryland area), and one of my co-workers went out to get it first thing this morning...for Verizon of course. This phone is absolutely amazing. If this phone isnt available on the Sprint network before 2012, on top of all the other recent bad publicity involving the Sprint Premier Program...Sprint will seriously begin its decline in the cell phone battle. C'mon SPRINT! Seriously....dont let Verizon knock you out. I've done nothing but talk up Sprint for years...9 yrs to be exact. Dont make me a liar. I myself am already thinking about the switch to another carrier...if so, it will most likely be Verizon. GET IT TOGETHER SPRINT!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Since Sprint now has gotten rid of the yearly upgrades for over 10 year customers, and one other carrier is offering 4G coverage for $50 per line for 2 lines (even cheaper than my inexpensive Sprint plan because of my corp discount eligibility on the other carrier), I'm now very tempted to buy an unlocked (GSM) Nexus... it is an awesome phone! The only gripe I have is the lack of microSD expansion, but with everything on the cloud now, I guess I could live with it! Not having to worry about when the software would get upgraded and not having to deal with carrier bloat - worth the extra $250 or so that I'd have to pay to get at full price - and live contract free!

(I don't even get Sprint's 4G at work/home now, while the other carrier has in-building coverage for me at both home and work). Sprint's (improved) customer service is the only thing that is making me hesitate about switching carriers...

Decisions, decisions....

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

It would be really awesome to get it on Sprint or know its coming at least before the year is over. If it comes late like the Nexus S did, then you might as wait for the next Nexus with Jelly Bean or whatever they name it. By then, most carriers if not all will be on LTE and Google should be smart enough to launch one Nexus phone for everyone.

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Agreed completely. Read this Sprint, seriously. I've personally never had issues with Sprint at all but this needs to happen or at least some Android 4.0 ICS update requests for existing devices or most popular

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat