cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation traffic bars not working on Evo 4G Any Help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Navigation traffic bars not working on Evo 4G Any Help?

I'm coming from a Windows Mobile 6.5 rom on a HTC Touch Pro 2 where I have used the traffic function on Sprint Nav extensively.  Now that I have the EVO I expected the same or better performance from this phone but for some reason the traffic bars are intermittent and blink on and off at random instead of showing a consistent trend of congestion well ahead of your location.  The people in the Sprint store "Ready Now" were unaware of the problem and had no solution.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  For now I have set up the Google Maps App and in the layers tab applied the traffic function which works well.  It seem like if we are paying an extra $10 / Month for the enhanced experience of the EVO we should actually see some enhancement in the functions of charged services we are paying for.  I would appreciate a monthly credit for lack of functionality of subscribed services until they make it work if it is everyone having the same issue and not just me.

John

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Navigation traffic bars not working on Evo 4G Any Help?

Started Sprint Navigation yesterday to see if anything improved after a week and lo and behold there is an update to download so I'm thinking sweet they fixed it so I download and install the update and still NO LOVE!  Traffic bars still blinking on and off in random locations and no improvement.  Google maps traffic is a joke!  Way slow and behind on current traffic.  Basically unuseable for traffic trends.  Oh well, by the lack of responses I have to conclude either I am the only one with the problem or I am one of very few using the traffic pattern service of Sprint Navigation.  If others could at least reply and let me know if yours is working properly so I can exchange my phone if its a hardware issue I would appreciate your feedback.

John

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat