cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, stop tampering with our phones.

Highlighted
Wizard

Okay, we buy the phones and it is ours.  We pay for services. 

What we do not want is a bunch of preinstalled apps that can not be removed.  Sure, if you want to preinstall the apps, then go right away, but you must allow us the option of safely removing any apps that we do not want (or even use).  Something to think about for the Gingerbread update (although it may be too late for the EVO users) for the Epic and other phones.  Fix the update that will allow us to remove apps. 

I guess its okay to have apps hidden away somewhere in the menu, such as the Applications menu, but to force us all to have the icons on the phone is not the way to treat your customers.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

When you buy a computer, it comes with pre-installed softwares that you never touch

The phone is the same.

The solution: root the device and remove the crapwares

Highlighted
Wizard

Really bad comparison, Marcus.  We can buy a computer and easily remove the softwares that we do not want.  That can not be said for Sprint's phones.  And if we want to remove them, it requires us to root the phone, which will void the warranty.  Its a sneaky way for Sprint to encourage something that they consider illegal so they do not pay up with the warranty side.  So, rather than offering solutions in that way, encourage others to voice out constantly to Sprint.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint, stop tampering with our phones.

I know it's bad but that's what I can come up for the moment. 

Rooting voids software warranty not hardware.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah and its sad that most of us are not that smart to get around Sprint's messy actions.

Highlighted
Wizard

I think most people are very smart!

Wizard

Samsung Nexus??   I completely understand your frustrations, I wanted to remove the Nova game after the previous update as it kept auto-opening into my background apps and consuming CPU.  Just happy we have the Market...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat