cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Ice Cream Sandwich?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is Ice Cream Sandwich?

On March 12th, I contacted Support (*2) and asked when Android 4.0 is going to come out for my Samsung Galaxy S II.  I had started seeing that Samsung announced that they were bringing it out on March 15th, and I wanted to make sure I had things lined up for this long-expected upgrade.  The original receptionist I spoke with didn't know the answer, so he put me on hold to ask (his boss?).  When he returned he informed me that Sprint was bringing it out on March 19th.  It is now March 27th, and I have as yet to see Android 4.0 for my phone.

What's up guys?

I understand that you want to make sure it's compatible with the Sprint system as well as the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy S II, but enough is enough.  When are you going to be bringing it out?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Where is Ice Cream Sandwich?

There has been no official date announced yet. The information you received from the representative was incorrect and I apologize for the confusion. Samsung did announce they were rolling out ICS for some of their phones in European countries including Poland, Hungary, Sweden, as well as Korea on March 13th as stated here on their official blog. Samsung has stated they will gradually be rolling out to other markets soon but no official date yet. When the update is ready it will be announced on these forums in an official blog post here.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_epic_...

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

Thank you for your answer.

As a consumer of one of the most technologically advanced nations, I don't understand why Europe and Asia always seem to be ahead of us when new equipment roll out.  Is our legislation so messed up in red tape that it's hampering our society?

Journeyman

It's actually the phone companies here that cause most of the delays.

Journeyman

We are waiting for the update for the galaxy s2 with android 4.0 for when we will have this ready for our phone??? We expect spring

Wizard

Hhechavarria32 wrote:

We are waiting for the update for the galaxy s2 with android 4.0 for when we will have this ready for our phone??? We expect spring

We haven't announced an official release date yet. However, you can visit the Epic Touch's software updates blog and then select "Receive email notifications" in the top right section under actions and you will be notified via email as soon as we announce it.

Journeyman

Where is the update for galaxy s2, wtf all the other company already has... Just sprint needs to doing that....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat