cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best sprint android phone right now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello everyone,

It's that time again to upgrade my phone and I can't decide on which phone to upgrade to. I have been really interested in the samsung epic because it seems like the best android phone with a slide out keyboard. The keyboard I like a lot more then the htc evo shift's keyboard. If I were to get a evo, it would be the regular htc evo with no slide out keyboard because even though the shift is newer, it just doesnt seem like an upgrade. I currently have a stupid htc hero (not by choice) and all though I have gotten used to no slide out keyboard, I think I would still prefer to have one again because I used to have the samsung moment and really loved the slideout keyboard. The only issue I have with the epic, is that it is still on Android 2.1..?
Well and now I see that sprint is coming out with a new htc evo 3D in the summer time...My question is, should I stick it out with this POS slow phone I have now and wait until the summer time for that one, is it really worth it, or do I choose the samsung epic OR htc evo. Does anyone own any of these and what do you think??? It's so hard to make a decision when you gotta spend so much money on a new phone and they are always coming out with newer ones and then you wish you would have waited or gotten a different one. ugh decisions decisions! Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Master

For Samsung Epic there is a new  sw update available as of  Monday, 3/21/11  from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1). If you like Epic,you can get Epic.

Wizard

Personally I would say the Evo. I have one and have had it since Decmber 17th and love it!!!! It is so much faster than any other phone I have had on the 3G network and have not even been able to test it on the 4G network.

If you want to wait a bit there are 2 new phones coming that look amazing. The HTC Evo 3D www.sprint.com/evo3d and the Samsung Nexus S 4G www.sprint.com/nexus Check them out at these websites for more info and you can check out the Evo at www.sprint.com/evo if you like.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

The Epic 4g. I am a phone nerd and snob. Hands down, you will never need a new phone. I really don't know what else they could possibly do to improve it.

Journeyman

YOU REALLY HAVE TWO CHOICES; THE HTC EVO IS AN AWESOME PHONE, BUT WITH THE EXTENDED BATTERY INSTALLED.  IT HAS ALL THE FEATURES THAT YOU WOULD EVER WANT IN AN ANDROID PHONE AND THE ANDROID 2.3 IS SUPPOSE TO BE COMING OUT SOMETIME I HEARD IN JUNE, DON''T QUOTE ME, BUT THAT'S WHAT I HEARD, IF NOT IN JUNE, IN THE SUMMER SOMETIME OR YOU COULD ALSO WAIT FOR THE 3D HTC EVO.

MY SON HAS THE SAMSUNG EPIC.  I USED TO HAVE IT UNTIL I PASSED IT ALONG TO HIM.  I LIKED IT, BUT I AN NOT ONE REALLY TO USE THE QWERTY KEYBOARD, BUT THE ONSCREEN KEYBOARD, THAT'S JUST WHAT I AM USED TO.  IT'S WHAT YOU PREFER.  THE SAMSUNG EPIC 4G IS A GOOD PHONE,BUT I PREFER THE HTC EVO BECAUSE IT'S GOT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES I WANT AND NEED, THAT'S MY OPINON. 

HOPE I HELPED AND GOOD LUCK.

Wizard

kitunes, the only improvement that I see is the increase of RAM (memory) that allows active applications to run.  It is not very much on the phone....lol....and if you have too many apps running at once, the phone will become a turtle.  So, you have to keep on top of what apps is running, etc. :-)