cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why our OUR phones modified per carrier?

Journeyman

Why our OUR phones modified per carrier?

I'm sooooo frustrated. Why can't we get phones as they were meant to be by the manufacturers? Like if I want an iPhone, I know it will be exactly the same (save for service) regardless of the carrier we subscribe to. Recently the HTC Evo 4G LTE (these names are getting ridiculous btw) was released. I don't understand why that phone prevails over the much better HTC One X. Why do we get the Epic 4G Touch as opposed to the Samsung Galaxy S II. I don't give two hoots about Sprint or Verizon's variations. I want the phone to be the way it should. Am I alone in feeling this way?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Re: Why our OUR phones modified per carrier?

Yes and No.

In the case of the Apple, the carriers aren't given the type of permission that Samsung and HTC have given to make changes to their phones. So in that regard, every iPhone is the same no matter what carrier.

Would I have liked to see the ONEX on Sprint? Sure. Am I dissatified wit hthe LTEVO? No. I'm actually very happy with the LTEVO and I think Sprint did a good job with the changes IMO. Not as familiar with the SGII vs the Epic, my parents have it on Sprint and I haven't noticed too much difference othe rthen the name. It also appears that for th new SGIII, it's pretty much the same accross the board o nthe various carriers.

But to answer your original question. The Carriers like to make the Phone THEIRS. so they add or tweak things the way they think their customer base will like. If they had the opportunity, I'm sure we would see different types of iPhones on each carrier.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat