cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

>>>new<<< HTC SUPERSONIC...and...Nexus one...info

Journeyman

>>>new<<< HTC SUPERSONIC...and...Nexus one...info

hmm so i came across article that said this.... hmmm this is what i want to hear....

enjoy guys

The HTC Supersonic, which had some secret spy shots recently, looks to be in testing with Sprint now.  Our source has stated that the OS is much less buggy than it was in January when first reported in the wild and it seems to be moving in the right direction.  It does indeed have Sense UI over Android 2.1, but right now it’s the same Sense UI is the same as that on the HTC Hero, nothing new yet.   However, expect the Supersonic to ship with the same Sense UI 2.1 that they have demoed on the Desire and Legend.  Also, the same source has stated that both the Supersonic and the Nexus One have showed up in Sprint’s system.  The specs are shaping up nicely as well.

The Supersonic will be one of the first WiMax enabled phones and will be coming to Sprint to take advantage of Sprint’s growing 4G network.  It should have seem less transition from 3G to 4G with priority going to 4G when available, similar to EDGE/3G.  It boasts a 1Ghz Snapdragon, an FM Radio and a nice 4.3″ AMLOED screen as well.

However the biggest news is the release date pegged at end of 1Q 2010 or early 2Q 2010.  So, it’s almost a certainty that by first half of 2010 we’ll see the Supersonic for sale.  This was again supported by the fact Dan Hesse is holding a 4G keynote at CTIA this year and just yesterday went on talking about 4G in the first half of 2010.  The only 4G handset we know of, would be the Supersonic.

Sprint tells Forbes its first 4G handset will launch in the first half of 2010–a few months earlier than many expected.

This could really boost some interest in Sprint and let’s hope it does as it competition is always good.

and heres the link

http://www.thesearethedroids.com/2010/02/19/htc-supersonic-1h2010-sprint-4g-wimax/

Message was edited by: izzyks

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: >>>new<<< HTC SUPERSONIC...and...Nexus one...info

This is the best news I have heard all day. This would make me a happy Sprint customer again. Next month would be nice... lol. But seriously the supersonic seems to be more and more a reality for us.

Journeyman

Sprint has to release something and soon.  If the Supersonic turns out to be vaporware, I see a Dell mini 5 in my future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol. I just posted a discussion about this website...I hope the Nexus One comes out sooner than the supersonic. Not sure which one I would get. My city doesnt have 4G and don't know when it will so the 4G aspect of the Supersonic isnt a big deal to me right now. I guess it depends on when they are released. If they are released about the same time then I'll get the supersonic, but if the Nexus One is going to come out next week then I'll get that instead. I have to pay full price for the phones since I signed up with Sprint last Oct. I have the Pre and I will be selling it the moment either phone comes out!!

Journeyman

I got to play with the the T Mobile HTC HD2 today. The design looks very simaliar to the supersonic. I really liked some of the applications on it. It can be used as an e reader it also had a blockbuster app which you could rent movies from. The main thing I hope the supersonic has that the HD2 had is the memory the HD2 had 16gb of internal memory and a slot for expandable memory up to 32 GB. I loved what I saw of the HD2, but I don't have much love for T Mobile. I've had sprint for 5 or 6 years now and I have rarely had a problem getting service any where. I mostly use my phone for text, web and apps so a little over $70 for unlimited is a great deal. I hope the Supersonic has a great deal of internal memory and the option to expand if so I know what phone I'll be upgrading to next.

Journeyman

THE PHONE IS CALLED HTC EVO. I GOT A PREVIEW OF THE PHONE AND WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN IT COMES OUT THIS SUMMER. IF YOU ARE A PREMIER CUSTOMER YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THIS EMAIL AS WELL. BUT YOU CAN CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GET THE SPECS ON THE PHONE.. http://now.sprint.com/evo/?ECID=MA:EM:20100323:FTK:EVO:notified

Journeyman

Umm the Hd2 only comes with 1gb ROM and it comes with a preinstalled 16GB SD CARD(expandable to 32GB) which is what you saw at the store. The EVO has the same Spec 1gb Rom and an option for an SD card up to 32 GB....Happy Choosing!!! I know what Im getting.....EVO BABY!!!!!!!! 8MP Camera,  FRONT FACING CAMERA(ala.... video conferencing..finally) 720P video record and playback.....ahhh you just cant comepare the HD2 to this BEAST....cant waittttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat