cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motorola i 1 when?

Journeyman

Re: motorola i 1 when?

My companys rep at sprint just e-mailed me to say that the release was pushed to 8/1/10

Journeyman

i called the nextel/sprint sales was told July 10  motorola i1 will be purchasable over the phone only

Journeyman

i feel the motorola i1 is going to be a sad disappointment compared to the current phones available on 3g networks

the i1 is the first smartphone for push to talk peeps but will lack the fast data transfer that other Service providers provide for there phones

im going to be purchasing the i1 strictly because i have to have PTT for work and its the only phone available that sheds any interest to me.

i hope the phone blows up like crazy so sprint/nextel feel compelled to invest money in upgrading the IDEN network to 3g or integrating there phones with IDEN and a newer network CDMA.

I feel like the motorola i1 is a phone 10 years old there releasing for IDEN  When they have HTC EVO that eclipses the motoi1

its extremly frustrating being a nextel customer when i would chew my foot off for new EVO or iphone4g

Journeyman

Well Talked to a sprint Rep. The phone is comming out on the 20th. you can pre order on monday. you will get it in 4 days.

the hole point to iden networks is the push to talk that work internationally. their data transfer can never be upgraded to speeds of 3g or 4g.

the only way i can think of is a phone that has Dual Sim. 1 iden and 1 Gsm. or a phone that has 1 iden and also CDMA network.

problem with CDMA is that it will not work in Mexico because they use only Gsm and are currently disabiling all TDMA networks.

so dont expect to EVER see an iden network to have data that fast. uness its a dual sim phone that supports iDen and gsm.

Journeyman

when u say the 20th specify wut month

cuz i called literally 1 or 2 hours ago and was told by sprint sales on the phone july 10th phone is available for purchase over phone only and release to stores unknown

Journeyman

Talked to a sales rep and a supervisor. the phone will be available over the phone on Jul 25 and on stores and all other places on the 1st of aug..

if you have a plan already u """"Could"""" qualify to the upgrade and a rebate of 150 dlls .. they say they cant give me an exact price but after the mail in rebate will be around 150 to 200 dlls. My friend can get it for me for 300dlls on jun 20th since i really do want it and i am tired of the BB8350i. So Thats all the info i could get. and sorry my friend can only help me out. he cant get more phones.

Journeyman

My experience with talking to sales reps for Sprint. Take everything they say with a salt block. It really means nothing. They want you to quit asking questions about Nextel services.

Journeyman

It is now June 20th and no i1 phone. I'm starting to lose interest on it. Nextel customers, they can care less about us.

Journeyman

if they don't give it to me today, i will buy the Motorola i1 from Boost Mobile, if Nextel do not unlock it for me.. I will cancel my service with sprint and stay with Boost Mobile or Nextel Mexico I just need the International Direct Connect and thats it

Journeyman

Well it would be a waste if you only got the motorola i1. just for internationa direct connect most of the phones applucation dont work all that well if you dont include the data plan. i got the blackberry 8350i and at first i had it with no data plan . and it suck. no msn application no web surfing with out wifi. no facebook no tweeter well you get the idea.. after the 3rd day i got the data plan and ive been a happy camper since then .  ive just ordered and will have my phone on tuesday so now im selling my BB8350i

Highlighted
Journeyman

did you order the motorola i1??  where?

Journeyman

OK when is Nextel going to get their act together.  Keep changing the date and feeding its customers false information.  They are giving too much attention to Boost Customers.  I have been with Nextel since the Lingo been a long time and I am ready to be done.  Since Sprint stepped into the mess they have become a crap company just like Sprint.  Nextel was a company worth doing business with at one time.  None of the customer service agents know anything about the phone and act like it isnt even coming.  They always tell me that Boost is not affliated with Nextel.  YEAH RIGHT do your research on your own company.  I went thru the credit checks and paid the god awful prices for the phones and deal with the Sprint crap and yet someone can just walk into a store and get the same phone service and plan cheaper than I can.  This is sad!!  Dan Hesse you have destroyed NEXTEL.  If it was not for Nextel you would not have a job right now.  Sprint would still be a small local carrier.  I work for AT&T wireline division and I carry a Nextel phone when I could get one for free with AT&T wireless.  Do you know how many people question me about that?  I think that says alot about the Nextel network dont you think so Mr. Hesse.  Invest some money into Nextel get off the Sprint high horse.  Train your employees how to do their job and not just lie.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.