cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motorola i 1 when?

Journeyman

Re: motorola i 1 when?

if they don't give it to me today, i will buy the Motorola i1 from Boost Mobile, if Nextel do not unlock it for me.. I will cancel my service with sprint and stay with Boost Mobile or Nextel Mexico I just need the International Direct Connect and thats it

Journeyman

Well it would be a waste if you only got the motorola i1. just for internationa direct connect most of the phones applucation dont work all that well if you dont include the data plan. i got the blackberry 8350i and at first i had it with no data plan . and it suck. no msn application no web surfing with out wifi. no facebook no tweeter well you get the idea.. after the 3rd day i got the data plan and ive been a happy camper since then .  ive just ordered and will have my phone on tuesday so now im selling my BB8350i

Highlighted
Journeyman

did you order the motorola i1??  where?

Journeyman

OK when is Nextel going to get their act together.  Keep changing the date and feeding its customers false information.  They are giving too much attention to Boost Customers.  I have been with Nextel since the Lingo been a long time and I am ready to be done.  Since Sprint stepped into the mess they have become a crap company just like Sprint.  Nextel was a company worth doing business with at one time.  None of the customer service agents know anything about the phone and act like it isnt even coming.  They always tell me that Boost is not affliated with Nextel.  YEAH RIGHT do your research on your own company.  I went thru the credit checks and paid the god awful prices for the phones and deal with the Sprint crap and yet someone can just walk into a store and get the same phone service and plan cheaper than I can.  This is sad!!  Dan Hesse you have destroyed NEXTEL.  If it was not for Nextel you would not have a job right now.  Sprint would still be a small local carrier.  I work for AT&T wireline division and I carry a Nextel phone when I could get one for free with AT&T wireless.  Do you know how many people question me about that?  I think that says alot about the Nextel network dont you think so Mr. Hesse.  Invest some money into Nextel get off the Sprint high horse.  Train your employees how to do their job and not just lie.

Journeyman

I never heard of Mr Hesse or whatever his name is but I agree with you man!! major efin dissapointment.

Journeyman

New News!!

Just got off the phone with a supervisor in Account Services.  The new scheduled release date for the i1 will be July 11th.  Once again Sprint pushes back the date.  When asked why he responded that both the evo and the i1 were scheduled for the same release date.  With the overwhelming want for the evo Sprint decided to push Nextel Customers off while their wonderful 4G phone is released.  By the way 4G is not available except in large cities.  So if you live outside the city NO 4G FOR YOU!  Boost Mobile does not have the phone for sale on their site yet but it is in their stores.  I will continue to wait for the i1 and if I get any new info I will let you know.

Journeyman

just came back from a boostmobile store and they had the Motorola i1 for sale for 349$

then 50$ for prepaid obviously.  phone is very nice  the salesman kept telling me the i1 runs on a 3g network and i told him i highly doubt that after all the reading on it ive done saying its wifi depend and uses the iden 2g network to browse

i called today to ask nextel wtf cuz i still have 2 months left before i can cancel and get a new service didnt get an answer and waas told i1 will release for nextel sometime this week call bak!

the i1 requires an unlimited data plan by nextel wich is 69.99$+tax a month releases for nextel july11th

boost mobile has the phone now and its 50$ a month taxes included  hmmmm

if u sign a 2 year contract with nextel and pay the 20$ more a month plan in 24 months u pay 480$ more using nextel.

if u get boost and shell out the 349$ for phone upfront no contract u save 480$ on there plan pretty much paying for the phone in savings in a 24 month period.

Message was edited by: hopper954

Journeyman

And sadly, Sprint could care less about those of us who have been loyal NEXTEL customers for years. It comes with little and I do mean little surprise that the release date is pushed out. Do not be surprised if it gets pushed out even further. Sprint actually wants you to drop your contracts and go with BOOST MOBILE since they own that also. Doing that will mean a lot less litigation when the iDEN Network starts to go OFFLINE in 2012. Since the people that have BOOST phones with direct connect are on a month to month contract you cannot complain when the service stops. SPRINT WANTS US GONE! DO THE RESEARCH ON iDEN. The iDEN network remains to be nothing faster than what it is because it was never meant to be anything more than a 2way radio service from its inception according to Motorola. If you sign up for another 2 year contract with this i1 phone you are throwing away your money. Just read ALL of the posts, nobody has managed to get a straight answer simply because SPRINT cannot give one for fear of a mass exodus away from their service. I just cannot understand how the shareholders can continue to put up with the incompetence. I will soon be heading to AT&T after 10 years of the lies and BS.        

Journeyman

Dont cancell.. i went to BestBuy.. bought the phone. paid cash. came back home. called boostmobile. told them i wanted to migrate to boost . they transfer me to another service rep. they asked me for my info on sprint. asked me the phone i was gona activate (motorola i1) asked me the info on the sim imei activation code etc.. and keep my number and all. NO CANCELATION PENALTY .. i was supposed to pay 60 for the cancelation but since i migrated i paid 0 cents. nothing . lol. i got the 60 dlls a month plan. since i need the international direct connect. if you dont need it its only 50 ..

Journeyman

Hey I spoke to a rep as well today and he said july 11th too. Ok here were the dates I heard; june 6, june 17th, June 20th, June 27th and now July 11th. They really trying to push away Nextel just like what someone said earlier on this thread. They did the same two years ago for the 8350i blackberry. I mean why the hell did they buy Nextel if they don't want to push it. Nextel was fine before the merger and they just came and messed it up. Don't get me wrong, Sprint is a good company too but I was with Nextel before the merger was complete and I was very satisfied with them. I know people say the iden is not as good as others but iden works perfectly at my house and at my job. I have a friend with AT&T and his phone is forever dropping calls at the same spot where my phone is at. So what does that tell you, Nextel and iden has alot of potiential. I don't really care about 3G but I know it can be done on the system as well. I say give us Nextel customers a chance!! Sprint together with Nextel like the old 2007 logo

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.