cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n1 question

Highlighted
Patron

n1 question

i wanna know if the n1 thats coming to sprint gonna look the same or its gonna be a sprints version turn around new look

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: n1 question

Google does not seem to be interested in creating different versions of the Nexus One. I think that if they were willing to create different form-factors for different carriers we would have seen that already. I expect the phone released for Sprint to be the exact same phone. I only hope that the inability to announce a release date for Sprint or Verizon has to do with them correcting the capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen that have been notoriously inaccurate (as long as they are having to swap out the GSM hardware for CDMA anyway).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, why not change the hardware a bit? Google (or HTC) has to make a CDMA phone for Sprint and Verizon. They could change things up since they are basically releasing another version of the N1. Something to think about.

wkj

Highlighted
Journeyman

That would be smart on Google's part. I would increase the ram and rom and replace the trackball with an optical trackpad. But I really doubt google will do any of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to see both of these changes, but at the same time am glad that Google seems to be taking this one hardware, multiple carriers approach. I laugh at the idea of there being a Comcast or Cox Macbook and wondering when there might be a Time Warner Macbook. Spend some time getting a single piece of hardware correct and out the door then let the carriers have it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will be receiving an unlocked Nexus One on Monday... I went ahead an made the switch to another carrier. I got tired of waiting. But I left my wife's phone on Sprint if I decide to come back at some point to get the Evo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey good luck with your N1 and your new service.  Make sure you let us know how it is.  I completely understand about waiting... and waiting... I have been with Sprint/NEXTEL for awhile and learned that if you want cool new phones in a timely fashion, then you need to get another carrier.  GSM phones appear to be in the majority.

Keep us posted

AFDOC

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat