cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to your account is locked!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Access to your account is locked!

I tried to pre-order two iPhone 5 for my parents, but everytime I get to the screen on Apple.com where it asks for my cell number and the last four digits of my social security number, I get this message, “Access to your account is locked. Please contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to solve this issue.”

Tried last night and this morning, multiple times, without luck. I called Sprint and was told that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong my account. All things are in good order and standing, so they suggested I call Apple.

I called Apple, but due to the high volume, my call didn't get through. So is it a Sprint issue or an Apple issue?

I'm kind of disappointed at this point, pre-orders placed now won't ship until 2 weeks later. The only reason I'm ordering through Apple.com instead of Sprint.com is because I want to use BillMeLater as the payment option.

Any insight into when this issue will be resolved would be great.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Access to your account is locked!

6+ hours later and no one from Sprint responds? Not even a generic, we're right on top of that sir.

Master

I have just seen your post.   Was your account ever in some one else name.   The problem is most likely in the last 4 of the SSN  not matching with what we have on record

Journeyman

No. I am a new customer to Sprint.

Master

I am sorry for the issue   could you send me a private message with your phone number  pin or answer to security question and last four of the ssn  so I can investigate the account.

Journeyman

Sent.

Journeyman

Same issue.  Were you ever able to resolve this?

Journeyman

Me to! Did you get this problem fixed?

Journeyman

As it turns out, it had to do with my contract. I'm still in the middle of my 2-year contract, for when I got the iPhone 4S. So until Apple starts selling unlocked iPhone 5s, you're out of luck. Unless of course, you get a new number and sign a separate 2-year contract.

Journeyman

Well i dont understand because im already done with my 2 year contract, but it still said that my account was locked.

Journeyman

You might want to call Sprint's customer support line or visit a local store and see what they say.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat