cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Insurance, Best Buy Insurance ??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple Insurance, Best Buy Insurance ??

Which insurance did you purchase. The Apple Insurance doesnt cover loss or theft. Its $100 that must be paid up front, right away. I was sorta caught off guard by that. The Best Buy insurance can be purchased within 30 days, but it is $15/month. I don't know what to do. I think the Best Buy insurance, while doesn't cover theft or loss, it does cover water damage (I think). Also, since there are typically Best Buys in major ciites, it seems like it would be easier than trying to locate an Apple store or sending your phone to Apple.

Any advice

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this same question a while back. Here is what I discovered. They will try to tell you that you have to get coverage at the time of purchase or they may give you 30 days. This is the "extended warranty" bologne line. There are other insurance companies that have much better coverage for the same price or cheaper. I did the resaearch and discoverd that AppleCare and Best Buy coverage are not that good compared to other independent insurance options out there. Here is where you want to go if you want to get the best coverage, best customer service, and save money. Check out these links

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing24?ccode=bs_war_adword_134:sq&gclid=CJvQvfn86KsCFRIq7...

http://www.worthavegroup.com/iphone-insurance

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971590

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note: i ordered the insurance for the iphone4s

Get 10% off insurance cost with Worth Ave Group using promo code

Promo Code:  wagrules - 10% off any iPhone insurance policy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks FirstContact. I will pass the word. I went with Worth Ave Group as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are you being rude?  This is just a discussion forum.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The iphone is just too popular and expensive to insure. I think Verizon offers insurance..for $20 a month which basically just put away that 20 each month and in two years you can afford a new one..Just get the apple care and be careful with your phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How about square Trade? They offer a plan for $99 plus $50 per incident, and they cover every and anything. I think this is the route I'm probably going to go. The cool thing is they will overnight ship it both ways, and say total turn around is less then 5 days. Or you can go right to the Apple store, and they will reimburse the cost of the repairs or replacement. Sprint's equipment protection plan is $8 a month ($196 over 2 years), and you still have a $50-$100 deductible depending on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

why are people saying that sprint offers $8 for iphone insurance? non of the carriers offer insurnce.... get the apple care plus and keep it moving....

Highlighted
Journeyman

though i dont want to pay $99 up front when you break it down its worth it $99 for 2 years of coverage = $4.13 a month.

Where as if we could get sprints insurance thats $7.99 a month

and best buy coverage is $14.99 a month.

it sucks that you have to pay for apple care + up front but once you do the math its well worth it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe some of the information  about insurance for Apple products is being deleted from these post.  Here is the best coverage out there:

Here is the insurance I  recommend. The Cell phone carriers will  rob you cold and their coverage  stinks on phones. No one will match the  coverage below and a lot of  people do not even know this is an option  for them. I equate it to the  "extended warranty" offer you are given  when you buy a new car. Then  you start getting all these other "extended  warranty" offers, which are  much cheaper, after you have already been  ripped off by the  dealership. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. You can also call them  if you have any  questions @ 1-800-620-2885.

http://www.worthavegroup.com/coverage-and-premium-0

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just reading that with the Applecare+ you can supposedly have it put on your bill when you buy the phone. When my iPhone does actually arrive at the store (14 days and counting), I'll be trading in my EVO. I believe the going rate is like $87, so it would almost be a wash, and then it would be protected. As I wait I'll have more time to think about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have better luck with Apple Care than with Best Buy!  Best Buy was always so hard to get a hold of someone on the phone!  Where Apple Inc. was always there with an answer a lot sooner! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MWEGRYN76     Dont sell yourself short, i just sold my evo literally last friday for $160 the going rate for them used in good condition on Ebay is $140-145   i included a clip and a silcone cover with mine and had a 16gig sdcard instead of a 8.  you shouldnt sell your phone for less than $125

also get apple care + i  just purchased mine the day before yesterday  (if you preordered your 4S you have until the 14th to get applecare + not sure how it works if you just buy.

the $99 sounds bad to pay all at once but if you break it down its actually alot better deal then paying $7.99 a month for sprint insurance or $14.99 for Best Buy.       the $99 covers your for 2 years  if you break that down for 24 months thats  $4.13  a month for apple care +

should be a no brainer

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat