Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple & Sprint out of Sync

Journeyman

Apple & Sprint out of Sync

Had a white, 16 GB iphone 4s in my hand at the Apple Store.  This phone is for my wife who' bday is coming up on Nov. 2nd. I chose to buy it at the Apple Store because they are getting regular shipments and I wanted to buy the Applecare package.

So I waited an hour on line. When the Apple employee processes my phone to get the upgrade eligibility, he gets an error message that my account is locked and has to wait 24 hours. We call Sprint together who then verifies that I am eligible, all my info entered is correct and that my account is not locked and in excellent standing.

After 2 hours on the phone with Sprint, all they had to say was that it was Apple's fault. They have been having issues. Meanwhile I see other Sprint customers walking out with their shiny new iphones. I only see an Apple system problem that is impacting me. The Apple employee did tell me that they are having issues with Sprint while ATT & Verizon is fine.

So you would think Sprint would offer some other solution. Maybe allow me to buy at full price and credit me the difference of the upgrade price. Or see if a Sprint store had a 32 GB (which the downstairs Sprint store had 1 left) and offer me a $100 credit to make up the difference due to the inconvenience of their system failure. But nope. Basically, tough sir. You can order from our Telesales guys and wait for this backordered phone. So the lollipop was yanked from the baby's hand and I went home crying.

Now I am so mad, that all I can do is leave Sprint. Won't even bother buying an iphone from them at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Hi,

I am sending you a PM, please check your inbox.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Hi,

I am having this same issue, have been one the phone with sprint several times today after being at the apple store and wasting my time in the morning, and am extremely dissapointed with the service provided. I will go to the apple store tomorrow to try to get the phone again, and would like to be able to walk out with it, with no problems. I've been checking online (through apple.com) and it still says my acocunt is locked, yet when I call you, "everything is right." Please let me know how to solve this issue. Best,

JCB

Journeyman

Had similar issues. Got an iPhone 4S by mail and liked it very much. After 14 day window expired, another phone in my family came up for renewal, so we wanted to get an iPhone 4 on Sprint. The SNAP (Sprint Nextel Activation Portal) portal died while trying to change my plan to a family plan and the line then disappeard from the SNAP portal. Had to leave becuase I couldn't wait around any more. Went back the next day. After arguing with Sprint customer support, left after 5 hours with the promise from Sprint all issues would be resolved after 6:01PM.

The issues were never with Apple, only with Sprint and their portal. Somehow the Apple employees could not see the order in SNAP, but Sprint said the order needed to be competed by Apple. Someone finally figured it out on the Sprint side and things were working as promised.

I went to the Apple store becuase the person getting the line never had and iPhone before and Apple will help you set it up in store. That never happened becuase we weren't about to hang around for two more hours to wait for 6PM to arrive. Sprint even suggested we just not buy from the Apple store and go to a Sprint store instead. I wasn't about to abandon the nice people helping so I pushed through.

I would warn people to be careful with adding lines with Apple. It can be done but could be messy. I like Sprint a lot so I wouldn't switch services, but I'm still appalled all Sprint offered me was a $25 bill credit. Certainly not worth the 6 hours spend in the Apple Store. Just a warning that Sprint still has a little work to do with their 3rd parties in selling the iPhone. I would do it again, but Sprint really needs to iron this out becuase other customers won't be so forgiving.

Wizard

Hi,

I am sending you a PM, please check your inbox.

Thank you,

----George

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat